• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    From experience the BBB will not do much if anything.

Rare though it be, never know 'till you try.

Was just this month issued a $287 refund (by an online company who, after a name change, has been engaging in questionable business practices in the construction industry) directly attributable to a complaint to the Denver BBB. They are local, but a non member of the BBB to boot. And, it was free.

When complaints to the BBB start to effect the bottom line, you can get some action.
    Venture Surplus ad

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    BBB can't hurt. I used it when I had a dispute with a fairly popular AR-centric parts company, and the company actually responded. It helped in my case against the company.

If you end up needing to build a case, keep emails and take screen shots of the ad on GunBroker. If the gun shop has a website indicating the firearm you won is in stock, take a screenshot of that too.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2014
    Well I went to the post office today and was a bit let down. Only thing they can do is I can pay to inquire about the status of the MO and wait 60 days. After that if it hasn't been cashed they can issue me a new MO. Nothing can be done about the issue of fraud or theft.

I'm reading different info on GB's site about filing for mail fraud after 60 days. I see that the sellers account isn't disabled now and has had some positive feedback since last week.

OldCurlyWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Tulia
    Well I went to the post office today and was a bit let down. Only thing they can do is I can pay to inquire about the status of the MO and wait 60 days. After that if it hasn't been cashed they can issue me a new MO. Nothing can be done about the issue of fraud or theft.

I'm reading different info on GB's site about filing for mail fraud after 60 days. I see that the sellers account isn't disabled now and has had some positive feedback since last week.

You DON'T go to the Post Office. Go to the Postal Inspector. The Local postmaster is usually totally useless in this type of situation.

:50cal:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    You DON'T go to the Post Office. Go to the Postal Inspector. The Local postmaster is usually totally useless in this type of situation.

Yep. THe drones at the post office will do anything to get out of work.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2014

Lol. Do the postal inspectors work at local post offices or do I need to go somewhere else to find them?

On a positive note the seller just called me and said he was shipping out the gun tomorrow. So maybe I will get it eventually. I did file a complaint with the BBB last night so maybe that persuaded him, who knows.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Lol. Do the postal inspectors work at local post offices or do I need to go somewhere else to find them?

On a positive note the seller just called me and said he was shipping out the gun tomorrow. So maybe I will get it eventually. I did file a complaint with the BBB last night so maybe that persuaded him, who knows.

That's good to hear.

Top Bottom