• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crs2fer4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Grapevine, TX
    Easy killer. That would have been one hell of a surprise if you yanked the trigger.

"F&(@! My ears!"
    "Where'd my TV go?"
    "FU@($&!"

I would love to hear the explanation to the cops.

"I was sleeping, then I woke up and heard sirens. Then I looked up and saw some guy running with my stereo so I shot him! Then I realized I was watching Cops. Any of you boys selling a TV?"
    Now that is hilarious
    Lynx Defense

Kerbouchard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2008
    Dallas
    There is a reason why most ranges prohibit working on a firearm, with the exception of scope adjustments, on the range. The OP proved that point.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    WB, that is a heck of a story. Thank goodness you have a considerate nature.

Thanks for serving.

tomharkness

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Let's face it! Those COPS shows are getting to be too much for me. Just like a Jerry Springer Show... the more you watch it the more likely you will see the same character in another show doing something stupid... for the 20th time.

What makes it worse is when you see a Police Officer fire 15 rounds, drop his mag and reload, fire 15 rounds, drop his mag and reload, and fire 15 rounds.... then handcuff the criminal and take him to court…. Then two weeks later, they have a show where they arrest the same criminal again.

If that does not get your blood boiling… nothing will.

I know, there is a reasonable explanation for it all, but the thought of one of my family members getting injured or killed because some Judge just could not find it in their heart to put a “scum-sucking maggot” in a cage, is frustrating.

And I will probably be the one that get court order counseling!

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    I can apprieciate your honesty. I know you already know this but one thing that has allways kept me out of trouble and I have taught my son this. Ther is no such thing as a unloaded gun. May sound crazy but if ya think like that you never have pointed in a unsafe direction. As far as the TV goes thats rule # 2. This was from my father. Never point a gun at anything that u r not ready to kill. I dont want to kill my TV how would I watch them Cowboy games.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Hi. I'm new to this forum. But I just thought I might share my bone head move. I droped a (loaded) gun that was not suposed to have a round in the chamber and when I went to catch it I bumped the safety and the triger AT THE SAME TIME, and bingo BANGO nice new hole in the wall and the back yard.

tomharkness

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Remember the Border Patrol Agents that went to jail? Let's review something that you might not understand about what really happened.

1. They did not go to jail for shooting a drug dealer.
    2. They did not go to jail for shooting a Mexican Citizen.
    3. They did not go to jail because they were framed.

So why did they go to jail? They went to jail because, after the shooting, they picked up the shells, covered the tracks, and then failed to file a report on what really happened.... in fact, they did not file a report at all.

Personal note: Why Bush did not give them a full pardon makes me wanna SCREAM!!

Back to the story.... bringing it all together.... if you live in a township where there is an ordinance that prohibits the firing of a firearm in the city limits (outside of self defense), then you are required to report such a discharge to the local authorities. Failure to do so can cause you to be charged with a misdemeanor… unless you cause some damage to other property… then I really am not sure what they can charge you with. But if you live outside of the city… no big deal.

Sounds pretty silly if no one was ever injured by it… and if you did report it to the police, some jerk neighbor would find a way to use it in a lawsuit against you. Six one way and half a dozen the other; but then again, you are the one that pulled the trigger. I think I would chalk it up to a “Learning Experience” and then sign up for an NRA pistol training class. Then, if anyone ever did find out about it, you could tell the judge that you took a safety class (kind of like taking a defensive driving class). It might work.

Actually, I don’t think they would do anything about it if it only went through your wall and the fence. What I would be worried about is where it went to from there.

Guns are like Motorcycles: Just one little oops! and things can get real bad, real quick. Other than that, they are great fun, good experiences, and highly recommended.

P.S. Guns are statistically safer than Motorcycles, so stick with the gun.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Hi. I'm new to this forum. But I just thought I might share my bone head move. I droped a (loaded) gun that was not suposed to have a round in the chamber and when I went to catch it I bumped the safety and the triger AT THE SAME TIME, and bingo BANGO nice new hole in the wall and the back yard.

It's like a knife, you never try to catch it. Guess that's hindsight.

How'd you explain the new hole?

Did it scare you a bit? Haha.

Wedge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    The cowboys have to be better then the Chicago Bears have been. We went to the superbowl a few years back and it was funny because everyone in Chitown was saying were going to get killed as we dont belong there. Sure enough we got crushed. Bears have been terrible since the 85 bears won the big game. I guess I was hoping that with them being my home team that mayby there would be light at the end of the tunnel.

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    You get so 'riled up and excited by t.v. that you draw, sight in on a 32" target, and fondle the trigger of your carry gun, while of coarse, loaded...This is not amusing. It's a lack of responsibility.

tomharkness

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    The rest of the Story

You get so 'riled up and excited by t.v. that you draw, sight in on a 32" target, and fondle the trigger of your carry gun, while of coarse, loaded...This is not amusing. It's a lack of responsibility.

For those of you that don't know the shiloshooter and TXSUT story: Jeff, Pete, and I had issues on another forum where they found it necessary to attack me personally because they had such a weak argument to present at the time.

This particular thread, here, was intended for individuals to share those little "Oops" that sometimes occur when we become lax in our safety procedures. The quote that you see above is Jeff's attempt to carry on that argument that caused the last thread to be prematurely shut down.

I apologize to the rest of you for this type of behavior and did not intend for it to follow me to this thread. I hope that it does not create a sour note for the rest of you.

In an effort to avoid any more of this childish behavior, I will refrain from continuing on this thread. Thanks for all the other input as I found it to very helpful. Please continue as I will continue to read the input.

Tom

Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    44MO I had a moment last year at the range with my Mini14. I had been shooting for a while and I was done and ready to go. I started loading stuff up and went to put the Mini in the case when I noticed it had a round in it. I cold have sworn I had emptied it!!!! At least I have the good habit of double checking and caught it. I keep all my pistols loaded and hot but I don't keep the Mini hot. When I pull it out of the safe I have to pull it out barrel first. :banghead:

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I haven't had any accidental discharges or anything like that, but I've had some interesting things happen none the less. I shot a 1911 once that had such a light trigger it doubled on me from recoil, luckily I had a good grip on the thing and both the rounds still ended up on the paper. I was firing my buddies 642 (I think) concealed hammer .38 J-frame and had a hangfire. I of course held it downrange for about 15 seconds and started to think it was a dud, then BANG. It was some really old ammunition that had sat on a shelf for too long I guess. This was the closest thing to an accident I've had, because I had my mind made up that it was really a dud and almost opened it up. I also accidentally bump-fired my dad's AK sighting it in on sandbags, that was followed by an immediate full function test to make sure it wasn't the gun which it wasn't.

I have seen someone go click on a live round and just yank the slide back and keep going, while I see the need to do that in a defensive situation there's no reason to take that risk otherwise. Best left for a snap cap to test something like that. The round didn't go off but I made mention of it since the guy wasn't far from me. I saw a guy shoot a .40 S&W in a .45, which made a very interesting piece of brass.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Someone shot a number of .25-06 in a .30-06 yesterday. One fire formed to the .30-06 chamber without cracking. The others not so much.

I've never heard of someone firing the wrong round in a rifle. I bet that was all kinds of interesting. At least the case sealed up the chamber for the most part, you wouldn't want that kind of pressure coming back at you.

bno762

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Rowlett
    When I first got my chl I carried a g23. After one of those long hot days of carrying all day, I took it out of its holster and set it in my backpack on the seat next to me. When I pulled into my driveway I reached over and was getting my gun out of the BP cause I didnt want it flopping around. Well as I oulled the gun out I realized I had my finger on the trigger and it was partially pulled. Got out of that luckily with no ND.

After that experience it took me a couple of months to trust myself to carry with a round in the chamber. I'd rack the slide then insert the mag. That way I would know if my booger hook had hit the bang switch during the day.

Top Bottom