• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadpot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Ballinger,Tx.
    LOL...Ok Pappy. The thing is EVEN I don't know for sure if he is still doing the FREE RAG thing anymore. I guess you can contact him thru his Email provided here. I'm just as much in the dark as anyone else. I got mine
    and just wanted the Texas boys to get in on a deal I found. Its been going on for several weeks now I believe and don't know if he is still doing it. good luck. BTW...he is the one who only wanted the feedback on his product but you had to email him your findings. They were just posting it here. My Fault.
    Capitol Armory ad

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    Actually, my fault. I didn't go back and re-read the original post..

Think I need my meds.....

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I did get my rag and used it to wipe down everything in the safe. I think it's a good product, and would probably buy some depending on the price point which I've not looked into.

Pappy

Resident Septuagenarian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    Texas
    I have just used your rags on two revolvers and four rifles.

To be frank, other than make the bluing nice and shiny, what is the advantage of using silicone over just an oily rag?

I sincerely hope you do well in your endeavor. Thank you again, Johnny

P.S. This message was also sent to : info@RustysRags.com

Ride4TheBrand

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    The Lone Star State
    I just used the rag on one of my revolvers. It left a nice, even sheen on the finish. I am under the impression that this rag is primarily for finishing a cleaned weapon rather than using it to actually clean the gun after a day at the range. If the intended purpose is to pretty up the outside of a gun, it did a very nice job.

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    I got mine and, as advertised, it did get into all the little nooks and crannys easily and did leave a nice finish. I dont think they are intended for the actual cleaning of the gun as that would mean that you were supposed to clean the rags after the first use or 2. The you would have to buy your own silicone oil pretty much right off the bat. It seems like the one with nap was intended to desposit the silicone as opposed to lift dirt and residue. Maybe the guy can clarify for us.

jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    I got my Rusty's Rags "pistol kit" a few days after emailing. Thank you, this is a very good product and makes guns shine like new. A perfect finish after cleaning up from a day on the range or to impress your buds with how well you care for your stuff!

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Well I never got a response to my e-mail inquiry, but today I got a rag int he mail! :) I'll be trying it out tonight as I'm going to the gun range, perfect timing. As of now it looks like he is still shipping out rag samples.

Ranger60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Taylor
    Just got my Rusty Rag's sample and I am very impressed. Worked great, left a nice finish on several pistols and a couple AR-15 lowers. I really like the way the guns turned out and will definately purchase for home and the range bag.

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    OK, just got the chance to sit back down at the computer after using my Rusty's Rags kit last night.

The sheepskin cloth works great. It came pretty soaked in silicone oil which may have been a bit much for my tiny Kel-Tec PF-9 (small gun), but I'm confident that also means it will last a long time. The silicone oil really cleaned up my bluing. I had fingerprints and some other gun oil on the slide and the rag made it all disappear. I finished up with the other rag and it evened out the coating without removing it completely, it had a nice perfect sheen to it in the end. I am very impressed with both of the rags, I am definitely sharing this kit with all my shooting buddies.

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    I recieved the rags earlier today and just finished with them..... They are great! Really made my gun look good. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom