• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Chipotle about 4 mikes from my crib. Not the greatest, but consistant. I do not have a CHL. I have an Open Carry Permit (called a badge) but will not patronize any establishment that is remotely anti-gun. Chipotle generally gives 1/2 price to officers. Works for me.
    Hurley's Gold

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    My mom makes some wicked carne guisada. Put some of that in a burrito with rice and beans and homemade salsa, then watch out!

Had to google carne guisada and found how to make it on allrecipes.com
    looks like a winner, I live in the hill country nothing like chipolte or freebirds
    out this way.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Have not yet tried Freebirds but have always been very pleased by Chipolte. I'll carry my sidearm just about anywhere, but I gotta King's X. I did carry my sidearm into Chipolte one day in plainclothes and the clerk gave my little ol' Glock a long look. Never did figure out why he was so interested, I guess some folks have never seen a Glock up close.

Texan29

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    I happened to go into our Freebirds with some friends and noticed a sign inviting criminals in to rob the place. Well, it wasn't the legal 30.06 sign, but they don't want CHL holders in the place so, needless to say, I won't be going back. To be honest, I wouldn't go back anyway. Their burritos SUCK!!!
    9.gif

Was it the one of Broadway and University or the one on the South Loop and Slide? I never noticed a sign there before.

JoshuaL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Austin
    I like the taste of Chipotle better, but like the atmosphere of Freebirds better. I think it's cool that Freebirds has a variety of tortillas to choose from. Chipotle has great chips, too. Kind of BS about the CHL ban, though. There's always gotta be a stick in the mud!

Rocket_Cowboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Plano, TX
    I'm curious on this too (even if the thread is a bit of a necro) ...

Was it actually a 30.06 posting geared towards CHL carry, or the normal TABC sign that they need to display because they serve alcohol? No, not the 51% sign, but the other sign that covers unlicensed possession? For the Freebirds I've been to in the DFW area, I've never seen a 30.06 or similar sign posted, but now I'm curious. Could it be that the franchisee out near Lubbock decided to post rather than the franchise licenser?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Don't act like you're not impressed.

Thoroughly impressed.

I read the whole damn thing before I realized how old it was - doh

Since I spent the time reading...the whole rice thing really rubs me wrong.
    If you don't want rice just say so. Only an idjit says "yes rice" and then complains there's rice on a burrito.

Top Bottom