• Status
    Not open for further replies.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I'll have the Catfish Parlour report this afternoon! I've never been, but the place looks pretty busy and popular. This would be the 183 location, west/southbound side, between Oak Knoll and Duval.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    So, the Catfish Parlour is interesting. Lunches are the 'express' variety; that is, you fill your plate with the day's veggies and tell the grill chef your entree...grilled, fried, blackened catfish, tilapia, or shrimp...OR chicken fried steak or chicken...OR popcorn shrimp...you get the idea. You can also order 'all you can eat' catfish or popcorn shrimp or combo. Hushpuppies, fried okra and fries were also included with a meal. Cole slaw is interesting...different from any I've had, but tasty.

After you/we sit down, a waitress will bring drinks and check on special orders(my grilled tilapia was cooked to order, took a few minutes). She will also refill drinks, although we might command our own pitcher of sweet tea!

IF we had a confirmed number, they would set aside a table in an expandable area for us(call by Thursday nite). Otherwise, there is a long table with benches that would seat 10-12 with a roundtop next to it that will seat another 6-8. As I got there closer to 1300 today, it was already clearing out, but another 16-20 guests arrived while I was eating. NOT sure how early the crowd might hit on a Friday...they open at 1100.

There's my report! It ain't BBQ and it ain't health food!...but if we want to try something different...

It's not my turn to choose...I would happily go to the Catfish Parlour if y'all want! What say ye?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I would be down for some Catfish Parlor.

I haven't been there in awhile... They kinda annoyed me last time I was there because they were charging extra for oysters due to the oil spill. That would sound reasonable except for the fact that I was in Biloxi just two weeks prior to that and ate a ton of shrimp and oysters. There was no shortage down there :laughing:

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Get yourself a little catfish dinner....don't it sound like a winner winner....

Catfish Parlour it is!!!

Here's the deal. We've had HUGE turnouts lately and I absolutely don't want to experience what we had happen at the ornamental place, where Dan took off because there was no seating.

So, let's try to have a good group of us get there right at 11, so we can grab the long table as well as the round table Rick speaks of.

I will be the first to commit to being there before 11. Let's have a good chunk of us there. Who is in?????

PS- what's the song?

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Just to refresh, it is the one located on 183 between Oak Knoll and Duval.

11910 Research Blvd

Coachrick, thanks for the idea and scouting it out!!!

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    Count me in too.

I will probably shoot for 11 so that I can walk right in when the doors open.

ditto on the thanks and appreciation for the recon!!!

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I absolutely don't want to experience what we had happen at the ornamental place, where Dan took off because there was no seating.
    Learned my lesson... Need to structure work on Fridays so that I can take lunch at 11 instead of 12-1 like I normally do ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom