• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • piledriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Katy
    Had a 277 WLV barrel for a AR on order and had it sent to the house via USPS. after I got the notification and by the time I got home some turd stole the box that contained the barrel. It's a 18 inch stainless, mid gas with threads. The WLV is a 556 case necked up to a 270 bullet. It's a cat and there is no ammo available at the store for this round. Not to many of these barrels around. If anyone comes across a barrel marked 277WLV or 277 Wolverine it is probably the one some turd stole from me.
    Texas SOT

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    This always worries me. I had a package come last week while I was home and the UPS driver just left it on my porch. He didn't even knock!

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I guess you have contacted the vendor, USPS and the police right?

(USPS had a law enforcement arm that deals with those type of things.)

Then I would talk to my neighbors.

piledriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Katy
    I guess you have contacted the vendor, USPS and the police right?

(USPS had a law enforcement arm that deals with those type of things.)

Then I would talk to my neighbors.

Yah that is next. I also talked with the pawn shops around here,

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Your right, not many of those barrels around. Did you buy directly from Mark at MDWS? If so, I'm sure he'll get involved.
    That's a shame. I've never had anything stolen but I know I'll get hit eventually.

Keep us posted on developments.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Put a note on some of the other gun forums, especially the 6.8 Forum. That barrel may turn up since not all that common.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Something like that happened to me with some ammo I ordered. I got the notification, went to the front door to get it, and no ammo. A couple of days later a guy from the next street over brought it to me. There is still hope.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I am assuming you live in a house. Do any of your neighbors or their kids look good for something like this. Sounds like someone just happened to take advantage of an opportunity they never planned on.

piledriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Katy
    Your right, not many of those barrels around. Did you buy directly from Mark at MDWS? If so, I'm sure he'll get involved.
    That's a shame. I've never had anything stolen but I know I'll get hit eventually.

Keep us posted on developments.

Yah I bought it from Mark. super good guy.

piledriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Katy
    I am assuming you live in a house. Do any of your neighbors or their kids look good for something like this. Sounds like someone just happened to take advantage of an opportunity they never planned on.

Yah I live in a house. The lady across the street had the same thing happen last week. learned this yesterday. cops told her with the new I-phone 6s being sent out, people are looking for new phones for free.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Had a 277 WLV barrel for a AR on order and had it sent to the house via USPS. after I got the notification and by the time I got home some turd stole the box that contained the barrel. It's a 18 inch stainless, mid gas with threads. The WLV is a 556 case necked up to a 270 bullet. It's a cat and there is no ammo available at the store for this round. Not to many of these barrels around. If anyone comes across a barrel marked 277WLV or 277 Wolverine it is probably the one some turd stole from me.
    Pile I am sorry for your loss, my wifes iphone was also stolen out of the mail box.

Now on to other things.

.277 Wolverine. NOW you got my interest, big question is the performance data, other than that is add bbl and shoot (not sure if you have to mod the mags?)

277WLVNewsletter-FINAL08-23-14_zps31f4a015.jpg

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Yah I live in a house. The lady across the street had the same thing happen last week. learned this yesterday. cops told her with the new I-phone 6s being sent out, people are looking for new phones for free.

Have it sent to the post office and put a hold on it, and pick it up in person.

"Prepare yourself for the future,with what you've seen in the present"

piledriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Katy
    Yah just change the barrel. I have a 16 inch barrel and it works good. I use Pmags and the gun runs great. If you go the forum you can find lots of load data. There is a guy that sells brass as well for a reasonable price. I use 20.5grs of 5744 with a 100gr AB to get about 2575 fps. I have the honer of killing the first pig with the 277WLV. I'm coondog on that forum. I have five cats and this one was easy to get up and running. It don't have the power of the 6.8 but it's not far behind. Formed brass is like $175? For 1000 rounds made from LC brass.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    Coondog from the 6.8 Forum.... I thought you sounded familiar! BTW, like the Coondog name better than piledriver! Anyway, hope you get your barrel back. Is it an ARP barrel?

Last edited:

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    When we built our house, UPS dropped off a TV on our porch. I was livid and called them. I asked them if it was a good idea to drop a large HDTV box off on a porch, in a neighborhood under construction, with random people driving around in pickup trucks. They arranged for me to go pick up the same TV from Best Buy after they did an investigation.

Top Bottom