• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Why are you posting as if he is being given incorrect info? This is commoon knowledge among people who buy/sell/trade guns very often. I posted an excerpt from the ATF website for you.

Hey man, I never said he was given bad info. Just that he needed to be sure. I was typing when you pasted the ATF stuff so I didn't see it. Not trying to be a pain. There's just a bunch of stuff on here that I've missed out on because I didn't know this. Would still like a link to the discussion threads though as my search function does not seem to be working.
    Texas SOT

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Hey man, I never said he was given bad info. Just that he needed to be sure. I was typing when you pasted the ATF stuff so I didn't see it. Not trying to be a pain. There's just a bunch of stuff on here that I've missed out on because I didn't know this. Would still like a link to the discussion threads though as my search function does not seem to be working.
    No worries. My post didnt come across as intended so I deleted it. I posted the ATF stuff, somone else can look fir the threads. I thought this was common knowledge as its done all the time.
    I guess thats why we are here though. To learn new things in the gun world.

smilner01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Weatherford, TX
    i thought u cant send lowers because they consider lowers to be both hand guns and rifles because u can make it so. Is that not right? i was told this by quite a few FFL's

A stripped lower might be questioned (if someone wanted to be a pain), but a lower that already has a stock on it is considered a rifle. As someone posted earlier this is for in state only, don't pop one in the mail to an individual in another state.

458Lott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Midland, Texas
    OP, if you have a sale pending, please post up so I may unsubscribe to thread and look elsewhere. If no pending sale, please let me know as I am interested in purchase. Thank you.

espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    Yes it is completely legal to ship a firearm to an individual in the same state. This includes handguns. You can easily send rifles and shotguns the only problem is when sending handguns you cant use USPS and must use another carrier.

Here is the Texas Penal Code on what is unlawful when transferring a weapon.
    Texas Penal Code - Section 46.06. Unlawful Transfer Of Certain Weapons - Texas Attorney Resources - Texas Laws

There is nothing there mentioning shipping a handgun to transfer it is illegal.

From the ATF website saying that it is legal:
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unli...rearms-carrier

From another forum:
    Sales to residents of the same state:A private individual may sell either a long gun (rifle or shotgun) or a short gun (revolver or pistol) to a resident of the same state who the seller does not have reason to believe is prohibited by federal law from possessing a firearm. This standard affords considerable protection to the individual making the sale. The only cases where BATF has prosecuted someone for violating this provision is where the seller actually knew the purchaser was a convicted felon.

Furthermore, I have bought handguns in this manner from this same forum.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    What? I've never heard this. Can you provide evidence to support your statement? If true would this not be a complete game changer for the guns for sale section? Wouldn't someone else have pointed this out by now? Would not all other guns be able to be shipped within Texas without an ffl?

They are. I have sold several guns and shipped them to TX residents. Including handguns.

I think a lot of people don't realize this or are scared of "getting into trouble".

Top Bottom