• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Love the comments. "Oh, he was just drunk and had the wrong house." He sure as hell did have the wrong house!

Sick how so many people try putting blame on the victim, trying to say this woman shouldn't have shot him. He broke in.

My locked door is the goddamn warning. First. Last. Final. Ignore that, it's game on. If they're stupid enough that they don't realize that the fight starts at the threshold, that's not my problem...

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    "He was not a thug, he was well respected in the community. He just drove to a stranger's house wasted out of his mind and broke in".

Every time a criminal is justifiably deleted from society the family has to speak up about how he was a good boy, how he was turning his life around. I guess they just can't face reality.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    "He was not a thug, he was well respected in the community. He just drove to a stranger's house wasted out of his mind and broke in".

Every time a criminal is justifiably deleted from society the family has to speak up about how he was a good boy, how he was turning his life around. I guess they just can't face reality.

Exactly! "Let's blame the victim!" Guh.

I swear, if I ever shoot someone in my living room at 0dark30, if his next of kin says something that stupid, I'm suing them for the cleanup and repairs, legal fees, ammo, time I have to take off work, psychiatric bills... everything I can think of.

Drunk driving?

According to some of the comments, he thought he was at a different house. I've only been drunk enough that I think I could have had trouble telling one house from another exactly once, and it's the most drunk I've ever been. So yeah, drunk driving is a little of an understatement I think.

And hell no, I didn't drive.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My locked door is the goddamn warning. First. Last. Final. Ignore that, it's game on. If they're stupid enough that they don't realize that the fight starts at the threshold, that's not my problem...

Exactly! If someone breaks into my apartment I will give them two, and only two warnings. The first will be me racking a round of double aught buck into my Mossberg 590. The second will be me yelling to HALT (or STOP!)! If neither of those 2 warnings stop the perp, I'm pulling the trigger. An addendum here, though. That will happen ONLY if he remains facing me. If he turns to bolt and run, then he's out and free because shooting the perp in the back as he's running out the door does NOT put ME in a good light with the cops. Now, if he dies of a myocardial infarction (heart attack)....not my problem. 911 would be called no matter if he runs or not so it's up to "emergency services" to do their job.....

Every time a criminal is justifiably deleted from society...

Nice turn of a phrase. I LIKE it!!!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Eh, I keep one chambered. I guess that two dogs barking their heads off should be counted as warning, too. But neither of them is the type to go downstairs and bite someone. They bark to get me to take care of that. Smart dogs... they know the deal.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    It's tragic, but he shouldn't have been driving so drunk that he couldn't even recognize the house. He made a series of bad (and illegal) choices that put himself in that situation. She even warned him before she shot him. She did as much as humanly possible to avoid it, and showed more restraint than most of us would have.

Key Bad Decisions:
    1) Driving so drunk you don't know which house it is
    2) Ringing a doorbell for 15min while not noticing the house next door is the one you want, because you're so drunk
    3) Jumping a locked fence
    4) Breaking in through the back door after no response
    5) Continuing into the bathroom after being notified he's in the wrong place and going to be shot

Moral of the story...show some responsibility and act like an adult.

Put yourself in his shoes and imagine making it to the house without killing someone on the road. You bang on the door and call your "girlfriend" for 15 min and she doesn't respond. Instead of sleeping it off in your car or calling a cab you basically goes ballistic and try to break in your "girlfriend's" house?

I will publicly admit that I've been drunk on several occasions in my younger days ... to the point where I've passed out. I still can't imagine making those decisions.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    On the surface he made many mistakes that cost him his life.

While we will never really know the truth behind his actions, her actions were definitely justified.

At best this is a case of natural selection weeding out the stupid. At worst there is one less sexual predator on the streets. Either way, no tears here.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    The taking of a life should never be considered lightly. I pray I am never forced to kill a man who simply was at the wrong place.

I agree. We don't know his intentions for sure.

None of the bad decisions I listed in my last post are deserving of death if he was just really drunk, but the woman couldn't know his intentions for sure and had no choice. I was just trying to point out that making good decisions can prevent tragedies like this. He was given numerous opportunities and chose the path he went down.

If you're gonna drink then be safe, put up the keys and the guns.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'd argue that his intentions don't matter. His actions are what mattered, and they got him shot dead.Harmful acts are still harmful if there's no malice behind them. "Accidentally" breaking into the wrong house isn't any better than doing it with bad intent. The act in and of itself is evil

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I agree. We don't know his intentions for sure.

None of the bad decisions I listed in my last post are deserving of death
    Thank you. That is my point. That said, I do not judge the shooter. Who I judge are those who post they they would this or that with a tone of bravado and internet tough guy. Most have never been in a position to use ANY force, much less being faced with taking a life. They post like it would be no different than stepping on a roach.

I feel for those folks. Comments about natural selection, etc., are just childish.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'd argue that his intentions don't matter

Intent means everything.

If someone breaks into my house to tell me a family member cut themself mowing the lawn and need help, that is is good. If they break in to rob or kill me that is bad.

As TXI points out, I hope I never shoot the guy breaking in with no ill intent.

Top Bottom