• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    It does ........... blow! The bottom line is ....................... the seller is NOT responsible for anything other than believing (or not) the buyer is not a Texas resident. As I, and others have said, if the buyer shows me a Texas DL (with me not copying info, etc.but seeing his/her picture on it) I have met my legal obligation to not sell to a known non Texas resident. I am not an FFL and all the bogus BOS and other paperwork means basically nothing. Just my opinion as I read the laws.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    It does ........... blow! The bottom line is ....................... the seller is NOT responsible for anything other than believing (or not) the buyer is not a Texas resident. As I, and others have said, if the buyer shows me a Texas DL (with me not copying info, etc.but seeing his/her picture on it) I have met my legal obligation to not sell to a known non Texas resident. I am not an FFL and all the bogus BOS and other paperwork means basically nothing. Just my opinion as I read the laws.

Well done lock it up

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I'm one for selling to CHL holders (for verified "good guy" status) only. Just personal preference.

So you are going to limit your potential sales market to <3% of the population. Good Luck.

Amazing how scared the anti-gunners have gotten gun owners in just 20 years.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

No, the law says you cannot knowingly sell to a prohibited person. There is no requirement to see a DL (which does not mean TX resident or even US citizen) or verify anything. Also, a person could have a OK/DL and be completely legal.

Top Bottom