• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm one for selling to CHL holders (for verified "good guy" status) only. Just personal preference.

Having a physical LTC in one's possession only proves that one hasn't committed a prohibiting offense before the issue date of that card. One could rack up a whole lot of charges in 4 or 5 years.
    My point is, showing an LTC or telling you I am not prohibited may be worth the exact same thing in some cases.

APynckel

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Houston, Tx
    Having a physical LTC in one's possession only proves that one hasn't committed a prohibiting offense before the issue date of that card. One could rack up a whole lot of charges in 4 or 5 years.
    My point is, showing an LTC or telling you I am not prohibited may be worth the exact same thing in some cases.

FWIW, the same rationale could be brought to mind for anyone with a carry permit who went to a gun store to buy a firearm. There is no perfect way of knowing if someone is a good guy until they have been proven otherwise, but it's a really good means to do you best to keep from selling to someone who would wish to use such a transaction to subvert the law.

This is also the fallacy of all gun control. If someone wants to break the law, they'll break the law.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Least is won't be used against you like a BoS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I'm one for selling to CHL holders (for verified "good guy" status) only. Just personal preference.

When Joe blow wants to sell you your fav pistol, you gonna step back and cry. Oh Joe I've wanted that gun for a coons age. But your just an unratified Texan. So get on down the road.
    I wonder. I hear what's good for the goose should be good for the LTC holder too.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    When Joe blow wants to sell you your fav pistol, you gonna step back and cry. Oh Joe I've wanted that gun for a coons age. But your just an unratified Texan. So get on down the road.
    I wonder. I hear what's good for the goose should be good for the LTC holder too.

Does Texas even issue an LTC to geese?

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    FWIW, the same rationale could be brought to mind for anyone with a carry permit who went to a gun store to buy a firearm. There is no perfect way of knowing if someone is a good guy until they have been proven otherwise, but it's a really good means to do you best to keep from selling to someone who would wish to use such a transaction to subvert the law.

This is also the fallacy of all gun control. If someone wants to break the law, they'll break the law.

Agreed but you more or less said in your post that you use it to determine Good Guy status. I was simply stating that it says nothing about the person being good or bad, just that he was good on the date of issue.

Does Texas even issue an LTC to geese?

TSRA is working on it for the next session.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I hear the hunting orgs are gonna fight it.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I guess I'll go find the fake license guy and get me an LTC.
    Just for FTF purchases. I won't be legally obligated to show it to LE.

Top Bottom