• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Now I remember why I am not on this forum often. Going away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Is that because you like to post YOUR truth and if anybody questions it you get butthurt?

Or is it because you claim to be an FFL but feel the law doesn't do enough to impose gun registration on private sales?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    The government seems to always put the honest citizens through a lot of hoops, etc. to sell a gun, buy a gun, etc., but the "honest" citizens don't need to be dealing with that! It's the criminals that need monitoring. They (the criminals) aren't going to follow the law anyway! We (the law abiding), jump through waaay too many hoops to do many things that don't have any impact on the law breakers. Etc., etc., :green:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The government seems to always put the honest citizens through a lot of hoops, etc. to sell a gun, buy a gun, etc., but the "honest" citizens don't need to be dealing with that! It's the criminals that need monitoring. They (the criminals) aren't going to follow the law anyway! We (the law abiding), jump through waaay too many hoops to do many things that don't have any impact on the law breakers. Etc., etc., :green:
    Exactly.

Plus signing a BOS doesn't stop a criminal anyways. Without a background check you don't really know.

A criminal wouldn't lie and say they are legal, would they?

Now you have proof you sold a firearm to somebody on the FBI's ten most wanted list and the government gets to decide if you knew or not. How could that possibly go wrong?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I've bought and sold more than a couple firearms.
    I've never minded signing a BOS, if it makes the seller happy then who am I to say it's wrong?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Shouldn't getting money make the seller happy? Why should I, the buyer, care about making the seller happy? Why should I provide him with personal information and a paper trail for a consumer product where none is required.

If I purchased a TV and the seller wants a BOS with my personal info should I provide that?

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    So why would a criminal go to a gun show and pay almost full retail or above retail in some cases when they can buy a gun on the street corner for pennies on the dollar?

"Pooky" has a lot of things for sale and can get a lot more. TV, crack, weed, a Glock 19, meth, a pump shotgun. anything you need. Sure, it's hot, been used in a crime and has its serial number removed but it's only $100. That's safer than a gun show with a stranger who might be a cop any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    I tried to buy a gun from a guy, cash in hand. Ill show my CHL and DL but im not signing shit. He would not budge and i bought another pistol. Shame but its the principal of it. FTF is a cash in hand and a handshake. That is all.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    and why is the handshake needed. I am not going to provide him with a DNA sample by touching his hand that has been who knows where :) LOL

I tried to buy a gun from a guy, cash in hand. Ill show my CHL and DL but im not signing shit. He would not budge and i bought another pistol. Shame but its the principal of it. FTF is a cash in hand and a handshake. That is all.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I've bought and sold more than a couple firearms.
    I've never minded signing a BOS, if it makes the seller happy then who am I to say it's wrong?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

What if the seller asks for oral sex? I'm sure that'd make him happy as well! You gonna give it to him?!? :O

Happy or not, the seller has my money, that's all they need! Hand over the f***ing firearm!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I am an FFL and when I sell or trade my personal guns, it is always going to have a bill of sale attached. I am definitely going to CMA. The form I use has minimal information on it, but if you don't want to sign a bill of sale, then I'll keep the gun. It's that simple. If someone won't sign a bill of sale, it's pretty much a flag that says they might no be able to buy one legally anyway. Enough said, LOL

For a guy who has so many rules, you don't seem to mind violating the forum one about not advertising unless you're a sponsor/advertiser!

https://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/commercial-posting-advertising/22302-commercial-posting.html

How about removing the business URL from your signature block?

Advertising_zpsvy6zuhkr.jpg

Last edited:

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    While I don't like the idea of a BOS on a private gun sale, if the seller lets it be known before the meet-up then that is "part of the purchase price," as far as I am concerned. If you don't want to meet his terms and conditions don't buy the gun.

Top Bottom