20191217_172328.jpg
      67.8 KB · Views: 529

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Pfff, I’ve driven for months with bailing wire run from the positive terminal of the battery to a distributor. And y’all are worried about a screw tapping an insulated wire in to another insulated wire?

Hell, I had an aftermarket horn button and toggle switch wired up for ignition and starting on the same truck. Never had a problem I couldn’t fix with whatever scraps of junk I had in the bed.
    :laughing: sounds like 20yo me...
    Not going to lie; I still kluge stuff together, but it's not preferable.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    :laughing: sounds like 20yo me...
    Not going to lie; I still kluge stuff together, but it's not preferable.
    Could be any of us. 17 year old me, little Ford 4cyl. car with a cracked head (between the valves, into the coolant jacket) among other issues. Only way to get it to start was to loosen the distributor and massively retard the timing, then once idling advance it back to base 10deg. Every time. Saved up some cash doing odds and ends for friends, like shift kits on their TH350's and TH400's, car stereo installs, etc. Bought a junkyard motor that barely ran better, ended up junking the car to buy a 250,000 mile 4 cyl. Mustang for $250 that got me through most of high school. On that one, the steering rack failed but I managed to drive it home because it would catch a little here and there. Had to make some really wide turns though. Or the 77 Chevy Impala that had the back brakes pinched off because the wheel cylinders leaked like a sieve, and the fronts only built pressure if you pumped the pedal 6 or 7 times - but I still drove it until I could put money into a new master cylinder. Junked it before doing the rears. Good times.

Top Bottom