• ...and so much more!
  • DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    418CD62200000578-0-image-a-49_1497874937257.jpg

418CEF1C00000578-0-It_is_well_known_throughout_the_US_that_cars_are_not_permitted_t-a-86_1497879589430.jpg

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    If I lived wherever those traffic pics were taken, no way would I have trusted myself to get a LTC! Just looking at the pics makes my blood pressure jump into the red! I get aggrivated when they close a lane around here and people try to ride the closing lane as far as they can rather than merge!

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain
    Except you're wrong about that. Studies have shown that the least delays result when everybody stays in their lane until the merge point and then courteously alternate merges.

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    Except you're wrong about that. Studies have shown that the least delays result when everybody stays in their lane until the merge point and then courteously alternate merges.
    Your key word there is courteously. Not get out of one lane, gun it to get passed 2 cars, then slow everyone up trying to merge back in. That or already be in the ending lane with a gap in the other lane they could merge into, but gun it and try to squeeze in because they want to get 2 cars ahead. Your example would work, except we dont live in a perfect world and there is always that one driver to screw it all up.

Oh and the zipper method would work even if they didnt wait till the last second. If they merged earlier, then it would be easier to correct for the rude drivers. Instead of having to come to a stop because the lane ends and a car wont let you merge.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Top Bottom