Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    No, actually, that video makes me very sad because I've seen the whole thing, well beyond the point where this one cuts off.

The "feminist" immediately threatens to never come back to the show unless she's allowed to respond. The proper response to that is for the host to caution her to avoid being hit by the door on the way out.

But what happens? Even though the guest had already had her last word and they were clearly out of time, the host immediately caved and let the "feminist" go off on a rant about how awful the other guest was.

A news reader with no guts and no integrity? I'm not surprised but I am saddened.

The lesson of that whole clip, when you watch it to the end, is "Throw a fit and you'll get what you want." When I was a youngling, we got that attitude removed from our psyche before our age reached double digits. Yet, here's this grown woman throwing a tantrum, getting her way, and not being shut down by the people with the responsibility and authority to shut her down.

It's just sad.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No, actually, that video makes me very sad because I've seen the whole thing, well beyond the point where this one cuts off.

The "feminist" immediately threatens to never come back to the show unless she's allowed to respond. The proper response to that is for the host to caution her to avoid being hit by the door on the way out.

But what happens? Even though the guest had already had her last word and they were clearly out of time, the host immediately caved and let the "feminist" go off on a rant about how awful the other guest was.

A news reader with no guts and no integrity? I'm not surprised but I am saddened.

The lesson of that whole clip, when you watch it to the end, is "Throw a fit and you'll get what you want." When I was a youngling, we got that attitude removed from our psyche before our age reached double digits. Yet, here's this grown woman throwing a tantrum, getting her way, and not being shut down by the people with the responsibility and authority to shut her down.

It's just sad.

I caught that she was allowed to continue, and in doing so proved his point.

IMO, she was given extra time to make herself and her kind look just as you describe even if it wasn't the intention.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    IMO, she was given extra time to make herself and her kind look just as you describe even if it wasn't the intention.
    I like your way of looking at it; it's far less depressing than my first impression.

Considering your viewpoint and re-thinking mine, I have to agree that the extra time allowed the "feminist" to make herself look bad. That's informative and useful.

Now the only question left for me is:
    • Was the newsreader spineless? or
    • Did she know what was going to happen and deliberately give the "feminist" the rope to hang herself?
    I think I'll just baselessly assume the latter. :)

Result? The video need no longer sadden me. With a couple of small tweaks in my outlook, I have the option to view it as utterly delightful.

Thanks for sharing your insights.

Top Bottom