Further Investigation.

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by graybeard, Jun 22, 2009.

1. graybeard

graybeard New Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I went to Academy today to purchase a pistol.
    I filled out the forms and following the process I was told that they needed to investigate me further.
    Let me fill in the gaps. Back in 99, during my divorce, I shoved my wife and she fell against the wall busting her lip. The following day she called the Sheriff's Dept. The Deputy came out and took our statements and that was it. No arrests or charges filed. Well the divorce was finalized, I got custody of our children along with the house, car and household possessions because of her issues with drugs and alcohol.
    Yesterday I got what I perceived as a threatening phone call from my crazy ex, I called the Sheriff and filed an incident report, the Deputy filed the report and left.
    I felt rather vulnerable yesterday because I don't own any weapons, that is why I decided to buy a gun today. I have been threatened in the past by me ex wife's boyfriends and I no longer want to feel the helplessness and vulnerability.
    Could any of this prompt a need for further investigation and could I be prevented from purchasing a gun, also, how long does further investigation usually take
    Thanks in advance for your answers.

2. MadMo44Mag

MadMo44Mag TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I do not see where this will cause a problem buying a gun so find one and buy it. As for further investigation I can't help ya there.
    Now maybe TXinvestigator will be along and he can help in that area.
    Good luck, that's why I got ride of my ex was the dope and truck drivers.

3. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I believe misdemeanor charges only count against one for 5 years, & since no charges were ever filed I don't feel that this is a problem for you regardless.

4. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I do not think that "domestic" will count against you at all if there was no arrest. Have you ever been arrested in the past for anything?

5. 1rightguy

1rightguy Active Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Just buy one here, FTF. There's tons of geed deals.

6. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Misdemeanors do not keep you from purchasing a firearm. A conviction of domestic violence will.

Unless the OP was convicted, has a warrant for an offense, or has some other issue the delay is just one of those things some folks get.

7. hk boy

hk boy Active Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    you can always buy a gun from a "private" individual

8. graybeard

graybeard New Member

Jun 22, 2009
    I just called Academy and they said sometimes being born in another country will cause a delay. I was born in Germany on a military installation to US citizens.

9. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well yeah that will delay things some times.

10. ironman45693

ironman45693 Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Austin
    that's what i was gonna say...kind of..."geed"