• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Well then my wife must be defective. In our ten years of marriage and thirteen years together, I have yet to see this rage — and god knows I've done damn near everything to deserve it (outside of cheating or beating). Truth is though, I don't think my wife is defective at all. I treat her like my queen, she treats me like a king. I'm respectful of her wishes, but don't let her control me — and vice versa. I'm impatient, self-absorbed, unruly and down-right mean. But with her I'm none of those things and I think that's the difference. For some strange reason, she makes me better.

We hear all the time from other couples, TV and church how hard marriage is; we just look at each other awkwardly. Marriage isn't hard, it's not work, it's not an inconvenience. Sharing time with someone you truly enjoy being around should not be tough. We agree on where we spend our money, our time, and our energy. We don't fight over bills, or chores, or whatever it is spouses fight over. We discipline our children similarly and just don't get mad at each other. I guess we're weird, though.

My four year old daughter caught us kissing last night while she was brushing her teeth and asked, "what are you doing?" To which my wife replied "Loving daddy." And she remarked "You guys can't love each other; you're married!" Sounds like a lot of adults I know.

It happens.
    33 years at the end of the month.
    Texas SOT

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    I'm pretty sure this "switch theory" is flawed. One thing I've witnessed with humans in general is absolutes do not exist. Human behavior is something that is impossible to predict. I'm not so naive as to think my wife couldn't possibly flip out, kill all of our children and run off with her lesbian lover. These woman haters shouldn't be so arrogant to assume that it's a given.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    My ex wife was one of the most loving, caring and sweetest women i had ever met. Until our daughter died. Then she went absolutely bat shit crazy. We all have a switch. Only question, is what will flip it.

Sent by a idjit coffeeholic

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Way to many long and happy marriages for all the "women are evil" BS to gain any traction outside of those who probably have identical character flaws as the women who they always seem to have these problems with.

I've got a brother in law who finds the same types, I've called it the first day I met them. He's just a dumbass though.

At any rate, the idea that women are somehow just naturally vindictive bitches out to ruin a mans life is just a way for some to justify their inability to have a lasting relationship without being saddled with any of the responsibility. Just like the women who claim all men are scum when it's obvious why their relationships don't work.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Oh there are a lot of good women out there. One problem peope have is marrying for the wrong reasons.
    My ex had her button pushed. They are not all like that. To those who got it right and managed to keep that way the first time, I envy you. Sometimes circumstances take control. I know far to many that create their own circumstance though. Both male and female. Damn shame. But you can't fix stupid.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Oh there are a lot of good women out there. One problem peope have is marrying for the wrong reasons.
    My ex had her button pushed. They are not all like that. To those who got it right and managed to keep that way the first time, I envy you. Sometimes circumstances take control. I know far to many that create their own circumstance though. Both male and female. Damn shame. But you can't fix stupid.

this when men or women get stuck on stupid
    And things happen. If one or both are crazy. Then it's time to break camp,
    life is to short. But when you get a good one you keep it. Buuu uuuuuu <uuu <u <uutt\
    it takes a whole Lotta work

AngeliaH

Life's Peachy
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Central Texas
    Everybody has the potential to snap. Male or female. Young or old. We all have it in us. Recognizing that fact is the first step in avoiding it or recovering from it. I think. I mean thats what I've heard. Of course I'm an angel and I have nothing that even resembles a "bitch switch and the sooner yall realize that the better! ! :mad::cool:

:D

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    My third marriage was the same way. The absolute love of my life. The most amazing woman Ive ever known.

She was also the most viscous woman Ive known.

That 'switch' isnt a joke. When she gos from side A, queen of your world. To side B....

Your world as you know it, is in some heavy sh$t. Game the fuuk over. The glass is busted. The horse dead. The fire is permanently pee'd out.

I wish you the best. I hope this world, you two live a long life together. But, dewd.....the 'switch' is there. Tread lightly

Sent from iBong6s

I think I need to hear specifics to understand how this works.

I'll admit, I don't get it and I've been around some pretty bad people in my life.

Maybe you all ignored or were blind to the signs early on, but I can assure you, there were signs, and people rarely change who they are, unless the are deliberately acting. Acting for any length of time is almost impossible for most folks other than raging sociopaths.

I've seen people change for the better through religious experience. Some people grow and become more confident and self-reliant as they get older.

This quote is worth using again, because I think these are some of the things to look for. And no, all women are not like this. And I wouldn't worry about some imaginary "switch."

I imagine a woman who flys off of the handle at everything, uses anger and rage as manipulation, etc. Probably witholds affection and sex as a tool as well.

Those of us who have good mamas, sisters, and have daughters should think twice before describing women in such a hateful way.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Those of us who have good mamas, sisters, and have daughters should think twice before describing women in such a hateful way.
    I don't think he was saying they're all like that, just that some can be. In that, I'd have to agree with him.

OTOH, my parents were "get a room" in love for as long as they were married, something that could only be cut short by my dad's death. I think the example they set kinda handicapped me, actually. I went out into the world expecting to find that sort of relationship, failed, and still wonder why.

Too late to do anything about it now, though.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I don't think he was saying they're all like that, just that some can be. In that, I'd have to agree with him.

OTOH, my parents were "get a room" in love for as long as they were married, something that could only be cut short by my dad's death. I think the example they set kinda handicapped me, actually. I went out into the world expecting to find that sort of relationship, failed, and still wonder why.

Too late to do anything about it now, though.

May I quote?

There are some universal truths in dealing with women:

Every last one of them has the "Bitch Switch" which transforms them into shrews who want to slaughter males in the most painful and bloody way possible...

Top Bottom