• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Doubt that will happen. Galleria is mostly visited by Yuppies (do we still use that word?). If sales drop at all, it won't be appreciable. Most stores in there won't even notice.

OT here: I do believe it's their right as a property owner to do this. BUT, if the property owner chooses to render me defenseless, IMO they now assume the responsibility for my protection. If the law was such, I'd wager we'd see 99% of the 30.06 signs come down. But that will never happen.

Besides the Galleria ALREADY bans firearms there.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    What I do predict is many mom and pop businesses including restaurants will see a rise in business from the law abiding. I have heard in San Antonio there are several places already catering to this group and ready for their businesses. I have already let HEB know I am shopping at Krogers for now on.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Alamo Drafthouse took theirs down, but the exception only proves the rule.

Point taken.

Do I like 30.07? No. Will I try to avoid places that post it if I have other options. Yes.

Will I always, henceforth, only OC? Of course not. Being able to choose is a good thing and there are some places I'd prefer CC (the seats in movie theaters fit me better when I'm carrying SOB or 5/5:30 IWB and OWB OC wouldn't be comfortable there - a shoulder holster might, but to avoid "muzzle scare" I'd be wearing an overshirt, jacket, etc. if I did that).

Certain public functions might go better concealed. The best part is that now I don't have to worry about CC vs. OC for the majority of places I'll end up going.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    What I do predict is many mom and pop businesses including restaurants will see a rise in business from the law abiding. I have heard in San Antonio there are several places already catering to this group and ready for their businesses. I have already let HEB know I am shopping at Krogers for now on.

Until you OC in Kroger and they throw you out.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

Agreed. I'll definitely be looking for alternate places as signs pop up. I won't get militant about it, but 30.X = you don't really want my money (or you want someone else's more). Fair enough... your decision... but helps me make mine.

I wish it were possible to make a "no unarmed people allowed" variant - if you don't have a gun, you can't come in here... :) I'd spend too much money at places that posted THAT one. :)

ZeR0BuG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    SE, TX
    And? Things change. If all their competition does they will too.
    They didn't bow down to MDA when their competition did... And the result of that was increased profits for them. They won't change that.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Nexus 6

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    They didn't bow down to MDA when their competition did... And the result of that was increased profits for them. They won't change that.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Nexus 6

Lets be real for a second. The people who would not go there
    1. Amount to a statistically insignificant amount.
    2. Have to eat. So far, HEB, Whole Foods, and Safeway has said they would. That leaves Kroger, and Randalls correct? Brookshire Bros as well but thats a small town locale. If the OCT has a few antics then they will likely change their tune as well. And the OCTers need their antics.

Thats my opinion. We can agree to disagree.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Lets be real for a second. The people who would not go there
    1. Amount to a statistically insignificant amount.
    2. Have to eat. So far, HEB, Whole Foods, and Safeway has said they would. That leaves Kroger, and Randalls correct? Brookshire Bros as well but thats a small town locale. If the OCT has a few antics then they will likely change their tune as well. And the OCTers need their antics.

Thats my opinion. We can agree to disagree.

Wal-Mart. And my little mexican groceries... and Fiesta.

Top Bottom