• ...and so much more!
  • TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    $3.59 here.
    Not to get into politics but I heard that we are selling oil to China?? The supply is avail but being sent elsewhere?? WTH?
    Sadly, I have accepted paying high prices today is the "cheap prices of yersteday" once tomorrow comes. When tomorrow comes, you will wish you had bought it the day before.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    My wife drives a mid sized gasoline burner and I have driven a Dodge 3/4 ton diesel pickup for several years. We get very good mileage but this present high cost of motor fuel seems to be wedded to politics and greed...But a point I wish to make is that the higher price of diesel than gasoline. It is a fact that turning crude oil into diesel is less troublesome and less expensive than turning it into gasoline...

So why are diesel users being shafted in the price of the product ? Groceries and many things come via truck and trucks use diesel, thus the higher and higher prices for everything that is tied to diesel....This is a crime and somebody should be taken to jail !!!

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Can't drive anywhere because gas is to high and can't fly anywhere because tsa will molest you and steal everything of value out of your luggage. Good grief!

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    My wife drives a mid sized gasoline burner and I have driven a Dodge 3/4 ton diesel pickup for several years. We get very good mileage but this present high cost of motor fuel seems to be wedded to politics and greed...But a point I wish to make is that the higher price of diesel than gasoline. It is a fact that turning crude oil into diesel is less troublesome and less expensive than turning it into gasoline...

So why are diesel users being shafted in the price of the product ? Groceries and many things come via truck and trucks use diesel, thus the higher and higher prices for everything that is tied to diesel....This is a crime and somebody should be taken to jail !!!

Not that I don't agree with you 100%...but.. I fail to see how the cost to produce the product has any correlation to the price paid by the end user. The person, or company that produces said product will take that cost into consideration most of the time when assigning a value, or amount they want to charge for that product. At the end of the day, as long as folks pay the price for said item, they will charge whatever they want for that item. Supply and Demand with a twist. To say we need, or have to have a certain product in order to live, or do business is crazy talk. One must augment the way they live or do business in order to gain the upper hand, and not rely on someone else or their products. I am in no way picking on you or your comment. It makes me think about my own life and business practices. So I hope others do the same. Then we might find true change..

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    The biggest factor in the "twist" is knowledge. Whether it be lack of most efficient pricing on the seller's part. Or lack of knowledge on the buyers. This can be either lack of competitors price. Or knowledge in regards to product differentiation. Take apple for example people pay a difference because they believe apple is better than a pc.
    There are other factors that do influence price along with supply and demand. Those and the twist typically push prices up.

But the main concept of supply and demand is definately the primary driver to prices. Now in regards to costs. The corrolation of cost to price is seen with a glut of the product on the market with little product differentiation. Because in order to make money, producers will be willing to have a smaller margin inorder to sell more goods. Up to a certain point, A really good example of that is the electronics industry as a whole (throw apple out) They run really small margins and are hoping for quantity. Because there is no difference in quality...

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    Gasoline isnt prices by the manufacturer, its commodity priced. Basically auctioned to highest bidder (gas stations) and everyone pays that price.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Now, I am FULLY against big government and them having their noses in my business... but this is one area of the economy that needs to be controlled by some higher ups. It has an effect on absolutely EVERYONE. We don't need F'n stimulus packages that master asshat likes to hand out... Imagine if gas was back down to 1-2 dollars... that would be the BEST stimulation this country could ever ask for; money would magically appear in peoples pockets.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Government is so far in the oil game, they won't touch it. Too much $ for them to lose. Why do you think they've gotten away with it this long? This is what happens when you get paid by corporations to run for positions in government.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Now, I am FULLY against big government and them having their noses in my business... but this is one area of the economy that needs to be controlled by some higher ups. It has an effect on absolutely EVERYONE. We don't need F'n stimulus packages that master asshat likes to hand out... Imagine if gas was back down to 1-2 dollars... that would be the BEST stimulation this country could ever ask for; money would magically appear in peoples pockets.

And how the hell are they going to do that?

Do you have any idea what happens when you enact price controls!? And if you're not talking price controls, you're talking heavy subsidies, in which case WHERE DOES THE MONEY COME FROM!? Oh, yeah... our pockets, just like it does when gas prices go up.

FWIW, the oil companies make about $.03/gallon profit. Ooooh, they're fleecing us!!! Gotta stop that!

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Make no mistake about it, government regulations are why gas is what it is. There isn't a hole in the ground producing oil that the government hasn't authorized... And quite frankly they've stopped authorizing them. Then you add on all sorts of environmental, safety, payoffs etc costs imposed by government. More regulation will only further exacerbate the matter...
    (I hope that isn't too political of a post)

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    And how the hell are they going to do that?

Do you have any idea what happens when you enact price controls!? And if you're not talking price controls, you're talking heavy subsidies, in which case WHERE DOES THE MONEY COME FROM!? Oh, yeah... our pockets, just like it does when gas prices go up.

FWIW, the oil companies make about $.03/gallon profit. Ooooh, they're fleecing us!!! Gotta stop that!

Make no mistake about it, government regulations are why gas is what it is. There isn't a hole in the ground producing oil that the government hasn't authorized... And quite frankly they've stopped authorizing them. Then you add on all sorts of environmental, safety, payoffs etc costs imposed by government. More regulation will only further exacerbate the matter...
    (I hope that isn't too political of a post)

My point was that, lower gas prices would be a huge stimulus. I fully see where you got the idea I was implying government control, that was not my intent and was VERY poor wording on my part. My appologies for the confusion.

Im well aware of how the system works, and that the gooberment is pushing for higher gas prices to make us move to alternative energy. How ridiculous is $.48 per gallon state tax? With the reservoir up north and the new, larger resevoir rumored here in Texas, we have enough oil here to sustain us for a few hundred years... we are far far far from a shortage, if we would be allowed to drill.. We have plenty of time to slowely integrate new energy sources while utilizing what we have without shocking the system.
    They really have forgotten their place. I am all for alternative engergy, but as far as our vehicles go... I for one don't want to drive a jellybean with wheels... can't they put these hybrid motors into something that looks halfway decent?

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    My point was that, lower gas prices would be a huge stimulus. I fully see where you got the idea I was implying government control, that was not my intent and was VERY poor wording on my part. My appologies for the confusion.

Im well aware of how the system works, and that the gooberment is pushing for higher gas prices to make us move to alternative energy. How ridiculous is $.48 per gallon state tax?

can't they put these hybrid motors into something that looks halfway decent?
    My bad

Oh and because who wants to drive a pickup truck that sounds like a cordless drill?

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    My bad

Oh and because who wants to drive a pickup truck that sounds like a cordless drill?

Haha exactly! I was reading somewhere that the idea was floating around to put a speaker system under the car to replicate the sounds of an exhaust system for that exact reason...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sakorey
    Top Bottom