• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    My first marriage was done by the justice of the peace, and in hindisght, it worked out that way just fine. Going for it again, and I gotta say - I'm a lot more excited about it and have a much better feeling about things. You can think weddings are rediculous all you want. I think being bitter about things that don't really influence your life is rediculous as well.
    Capitol Armory ad

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I have two friends who've been married 5 times each and no, not to each other.

At the fifth time each was married they both told me a version of "I have a much better feeling about things"

Uh-huh...

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I think the way people choose to throw their wedding and reception is completely unrelated to their commitment for each other over time.

That's like saying all rich people are dumb, or all gun people are old white guys. Its false logic based on stereotype that's anecdotal at best.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Never been to a wedding. Was hoping to keep that streak going until I got hitched. Doesn't look like it will end that way.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Well, I did make a promise to not only my wife but God that it would be until death do us part. That and my father was not faithful many times over before it was discovered and I will never be like him. Not sure about the small wedding stuff though, mine was definitely small, I think about 25-30 people and lasted about 3 hours, that includes the dinner. Someone would have to actually conduct a study to see large fancy weddings vs the smaller ones with truthful results that aren't manipulated due to a bias.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    County judge. Her best friend. My best friend.

Eloped. July will mark 35 years.

Could have been over 300 in attendance just as easily.
    I don't see that either way would have had an influence on our relationship.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have two friends who've been married 5 times each and no, not to each other.

At the fifth time each was married they both told me a version of "I have a much better feeling about things"

Uh-huh...

Sounds like your friends need to reevaluate the reasons they are getting married.

Sent from my HAL 9000

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I always find it funny that people will do something completely normal, but somewhere along the way do something completely irrational that details the entire thing. Then tell everyone else how terrible it is to do something that really isn't terrible.

It's like someone who decides to ride a motorcycle, pulls out in front of a truck and gets hit, then tells everyone they hear mention motorcycles that they are just death traps and you will get hit by a truck.

No, you will get hit by a truck if you are stupid and pull out in front of one.

Or someone who has a failed marriage...

Sent from my HAL 9000

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Your perspective on guys wanting to "upstage" the bride is as comical and dismaying as the entire farce itself.
    I was once an eyewitness to one of those "production" proposals. There were three camera crews present. I was near one of them and spent the entire time doing a running commentary on how stupid every successive, over-the-top maneuver by the groom was. I nearly fell over laughing when the ring was produced in a huge box with a built-in lightbulb in the lid. By that time, both video crews were picking up my audio and one of the grooms posse had had enough. He got in my face and demanded I "Shut up or I'll shut you up.".

I told him he and the entire group were illegally in a high-security area of a federal building and that if they weren't gone pretty damn quick, I could have a crew of Special Agents and Federal Protective Service Officers up here to explain the situation to them in short order. I might have also mentioned that the best friend of the bride, who had gotten all these people in past security, would likely lose her job if I had to call in the cavalry.

Oddly enough, he stepped over to the groom, said something in his ear, and the entire production team shut down operations and vacated the office within about five minutes.

It kinda gave me a warm feeling inside, y'know?

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    We're a friggin wreck here at home. Haven't felt this crappy in a long time. In the last 3 weeks, between the 2 of us:

- 2 colds
    - 2 infected injuries
    - Sinus infection
    - Strep throat

Top Bottom