• ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Not just one armed citizen but two! :bring:

"The homeowner was alerted somehow, he looked outside and saw the suspects trying to steal his vehicle," Lt. Bill Miller from the Tennessee Highway Patrol said late Friday.

The homeowner called his neighbor and both men, each armed with a gun, confronted the fugitives.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Bastards! I hope they get the chair. Or the needle, or whatever they do in Georgia.
    I would actually prefer that they contract something excruciatingly painful and untreatable, but not fatal that lets them enjoy a couple of decades of hell "light" before casting off their mortal coils.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/us/georgia-inmates-manhunt-capture/index.html

How fast will this "good guys with guns" story be swept under the rug?

Good catch.

Well with a headline written like "260 miles, 5 stolen vehicles, 2 robbed homes: How fugitives stayed on the run" and the beginning of the article written in such a way that it makes it seem as if police caught them first. The only mention of the citizen's arrest is a short "highlight" (until you conveniently click Read More, honestly how many will do that)....the end of the article ain't bad. I'm surprised they mentioned the sheriff's positive comments about the citizen.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Certainly not a good news cycle for them lately as it seems like all these things are ending by quick response from someone with a gun.

Maybe we'll hear a bunch about all the gangs shooting each other in Chicago this weekend to tip the theme of the story back to guns being so evil.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Certainly not a good news cycle for them lately as it seems like all these things are ending by quick response from someone with a gun.

Maybe we'll hear a bunch about all the gangs shooting each other in Chicago this weekend to tip the theme of the story back to guns being so evil.
    Doesn't matter if it's the weekend or the middle of the week in Chicago, it's become so common place that the only time they report about it (nationally) is when there is a larger than usual amount of shootings.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Or unless they need to change the national headlines to something that fits the story they want to tell.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    According to this article the fugitives flagged him down and surrendered to him:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4612850/Two-fugitives-surrender-homeowner-Tennessee.html

"I grabbed my sweet daughter and got in the car... we saw the men had been running and were much closer to my house now. They took off their shirts and waived them at us as if to slow us down,"

Hale said of the suspects Donnie Rowe, 43, and Ricky Dubose, 24. Hale said: "My vehicle looks very much like a police cruiser. I realized I had two ex-cons wanted for murder who had just shot at law enforcement who had nothing to lose and for some reason they surrendered and laid down on the concrete in my driveway."

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Bullies being cowards, I can see why he never had to-they were unarmed and weren't going to challenge him-unless he turned his back and let them sucker-punch him. That's how they roll.

Top Bottom