• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    Sec. 46.05. PROHIBITED WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:
    (1) an explosive weapon;
    (2) a machine gun;
    (3) a short-barrel firearm;
    (4) a firearm silencer;
    (5) a switchblade knife;
    (6) knuckles;
    (7) armor-piercing ammunition;
    (8) a chemical dispensing device; or
    (9) a zip gun.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Sec. 46.05. PROHIBITED WEAPONS. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:
    (1) an explosive weapon;
    (2) a machine gun;
    (4) a firearm silencer;
    (5) a switchblade knife;
    (6) knuckles;
    (9) a zip gun.
    There are some exceptions.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    (1) an explosive weapon;
    (2) a machine gun;
    (4) a firearm silencer;
    (5) a switchblade knife;
    (6) knuckles;
    (9) a zip gun.
    Hey Buckles, i hate to break it to ya but this stuff is sold everyday "Legally"!!

speepdaedeesi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    houston
    curious about this- i am recent military and i still have a few issue military auto knifes. local range guy said legal to own but not legal to possess in public.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    46.05 does not apply to you if you hold a Texas CHL. I just learned that.

WHOAH, WHOAH, WHOAH!! YES IT DOES! WHO TOLD YOU IT DOES NOT? Don't say it was my post in another thread, if you THINK it did you need to go back and re-read it.

It is unlawful to sell a switchblade, it is unlawful to posses one.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    As has been stated in many....many other threads, an internet forum is probably NOT the place you want to get legal interpretations on weapons laws. Nor is "the guy at the range", your neighbor who went to the police academy for 5 weeks, your cousin who is in law school, your sister-in-law who works at the gun counter of Bass Pro, or any other layman.
    Look up the law, read the law. If you have the skills to find this website you are capable of finding Texas state law, and almost all of our members here can read.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    As has been stated in many....many other threads, an internet forum is probably NOT the place you want to get legal interpretations on weapons laws. Nor is "the guy at the range", your neighbor who went to the police academy for 5 weeks, your cousin who is in law school, your sister-in-law who works at the gun counter of Bass Pro, or any other layman.
    Look up the law, read the law. If you have the skills to find this website you are capable of finding Texas state law, and almost all of our members here can read.

Great point! LMAO ..................I think I can read but I have had issues with comprehension!!! :banghead:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

There are some people whose assessments I'll trust online, though. TXI is one of them.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    wow, they have everything on sale now.

and as far a legality, the big gun shows in houston ALWAYS sell auto knives. pasadena dosen't allow them

Just because the cops look the other way sometimes doesn't mean the conduct isn't illegal. Get caught carrying one of those knives on the street and I bet you end up in jail.

For the record, I believe the knife laws are BS, but forewarned is forearmed.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Just because the cops look the other way sometimes doesn't mean the conduct isn't illegal. Get caught carrying one of those knives on the street and I bet you end up in jail.

For the record, I believe the knife laws are BS, but forewarned is forearmed.
    i know about legality of carrying. but they're ok to have at the house or on a boat. just getting it there is the tricky part lol

Top Bottom