• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    i know about legality of carrying. but they're ok to have at the house or on a boat. just getting it there is the tricky part lol

This is incorrect. Auto knives are illegal to possess. Having one in the house or boat is illegal unless the knife is a curio or relic and is solely dealt with as such.

But is the SWAT team going to bust down the door and confiscate your switchblade? Probably not. However, if someone is involved in an encounter with LE that escalates to a search and the Officer finds a prohibited weapon you can bet you will be arrested. And not for carrying.

cazador1022

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    border war zone EL PASO TX
    (3) is engaging in lawful hunting, fishing, or other sporting activity on the immediate premises where the activity is conducted, or is en route between the premises and the actor's residence or motor vehicle, if the weapon is a type commonly used in the activity;

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    (3) is engaging in lawful hunting, fishing, or other sporting activity on the immediate premises where the activity is conducted, or is en route between the premises and the actor's residence or motor vehicle, if the weapon is a type commonly used in the activity;

What post are you addressing here?

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    (1) an explosive weapon;
    (2) a machine gun;
    (3) a short-barrel firearm;
    (4) a firearm silencer;
    (5) a switchblade knife;
    (6) knuckles;
    (7) armor-piercing ammunition;
    (8) a chemical dispensing device; or
    (9) a zip gun.

As in Brass Knuckles?? My kid might have picked up a set of those at one of the gunshows...I said might have....So, is he a criminal? or I guess I would be since he is a minor, and they might be located at my house...I doubt they are since I am a law abiding citizen....most of the time....

I am sick to death of stupid laws... I made the mistake of thinking we live in a Free Country...what a joke... *flame suit on

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Yep. I know they are easy to acquire but they are still illegal to possess.

(1) an explosive weapon;
    (2) a machine gun;
    (3) a short-barrel firearm;
    (4) a firearm silencer;
    (5) a switchblade knife;
    (6) knuckles;
    (7) armor-piercing ammunition;
    (8) a chemical dispensing device; or
    (9) a zip gun.

As in Brass Knuckles?? My kid might have picked up a set of those at one of the gunshows...I said might have....So, is he a criminal? or I guess I would be since he is a minor, and they might be located at my house...I doubt they are since I am a law abiding citizen....most of the time....

I am sick to death of stupid laws... I made the mistake of thinking we live in a Free Country...what a joke... *flame suit on

Top Bottom