• ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    vmax,

While you are at least HALF correct, I understand why the man is confused. = Several Texas radio & TV stations reported "on air" that OC was passed & thus is now legal.

I wonder if the reason for those erroneous "news" reports was the ANTI-gun crowd "wanting to start something" & possibly derail the Senate passing & the governor signing of OC???

yours, satx
    ARJ Defense ad

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    ...When they approached him & started talking to him he stated "open carry passed"

Part of me says this guys deserves an arrest for simply not being informed.

The other, more reasonable part of me says "good job!" on the part of the detectives. Had there been a call and patrol response (especially if you're in Spring), the outcome would likely have been different.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yes, The Woodlands.

My GF said one detective was being a dick about it, but the other calmed him down.
    I think I can understand them being a bit "peeved" though....

fishingsetx

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2015
    So, when does the Bill get picked up by the Senate Committee?
    Looking at a few bills that were "received from the house", it looks like it took around 7 days for them to get a first reading in the senate and be assigned to a committee. HB910 was "received from the house" on 4/21/15. I'd guess the next action on this would be mid next week (4/28/15).

This sound about right?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    So, my GF was at the local oil change place yesterday & noticed an individual there with a gun on his side.
    There also happened to be 2 detectives there, which noticed this individual as well.
    When they approached him & started talking to him he stated "open carry passed".

She said thye told him he had 5 minutes to put it away & preceded to ream him out, lol.....

Hahaha. Good job on LE for educating him and letting him go.

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    Folks better pay attention a bit better on how legislation is passed in The Great State of Texas.
    Stupid people win stupid prizes.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    vmax,

While you are at least HALF correct, I understand why the man is confused. = Several Texas radio & TV stations reported "on air" that OC was passed & thus is now legal.

I wonder if the reason for those erroneous "news" reports was the ANTI-gun crowd "wanting to start something" & possibly derail the Senate passing & the governor signing of OC???

yours, satx
    Likely what the media reported was the bill passed the House and is favored to be one step closer to law. Very likely misheard by many (especially if only catching bits and pieces from a radio broadcast).........

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Any word on where we are with open carry? I'm starting to think it's gotten stalled or someone is just waiting for it to die.....

HB910 was referred to Senate committee, as was SB17 in the House. They will need to get thru them before a floor vote on either.

From what I understand, the bill in the House committee would be easiest to get to the floor procedurally, others could explain that further.

I wrote and called every member of both committee urging them to schedule and hear both bills. Not sure if that helped, but I don't believe it could hurt.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    this is it guys... use any euphemism you wish, it's crunch time, the clock is ticking, 4th down, bottom of the 9th..

we gotta get the phones ringing in Austin. Anyone down there needs to go to the Capitol and try to get these knot heads moving before they screw this thing up. Right now, we COULD be OCing on Jan 1.
    If they blow this, it'll be two more years....

LETS GET THIS DONE

Top Bottom