Girl fights off thugs with marching band baton

Shorts

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Texas
Please forgive the link source

'Don't mess with the marching band girls' - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

Saw this story on the morning news (HLN network morning show). Good for her. What was best was in her interview she said (paraphrased), "I had my baton; I had a weapon so I used it. I didn't want to get raped or kidnapped".

That girl got it right! She had the right mindset and attitude to use what she had to defend herself. Good for her.

I see a perfect future firearm owner Someone teach her how to shoot!

DirtyD

Well-Known
Sep 20, 2008
Spring
She better be ccareful, the use of a weapon to defend yourself against ill meaning thugs is severly looked down upon...... I can see it now, case studies will soon prevent students from carrying marching band related items, including instruments, as they may be used as (gasp) weapons....

M. Sage

TGT Addict
Jan 21, 2009
San Antonio
She better be ccareful, the use of a weapon to defend yourself against ill meaning thugs is severly looked down upon......
Actually, using a baton as a weapon could be a felony in her home state. As soon as you swing it at someone, it's considered a billy club.

CA's weapons laws are screwed up. They even banned at least one weapon that doesn't exist.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
Mar 16, 2009
Actually, using a baton as a weapon could be a felony in her home state. As soon as you swing it at someone, it's considered a billy club.

CA's weapons laws are screwed up. They even banned at least one weapon that doesn't exist.[/quote]

What weapon is that?

DCortez

TGT Addict
Jan 28, 2009
Houston, Cy-Fair
Charging her would discourage a lot of do-gooders. People will not want to risk tying up their personal finances, time away from work, and the general stress that comes with entanglement in the court system.

While I was personally disgusted by the lack of action by the NYC workers during the subway rape, I can understand their resistance to getting involved.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
Jan 21, 2009
San Antonio
Charging her would discourage a lot of do-gooders.
In CA, that's all the more reason to do it. I think they'd get some backlash on this one, though. The victim is too media-friendly and very easy for people to stand behind.

If it was a grown white man, though...

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads