• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    i have always been told to stay away from glocks period but specifically the 40 s&w glocks due to the kaboom factor. i would like to hear everyones opinion on this matter because im thinking about picking one up just to play with.
    Venture Surplus ad

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I've got a glock 23 and a 27, love them both. I've run thousands of rounds through both with no problems. Both have Ghost Rocket triggers and Wolff Competition spring kits. VERY light triggers, no overtravel. Lots of fun at a steel course. Only problem I'd ever see is carrying one without some sort of retention holster, good way to shoot yourself in the leg.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    They don't go kaboom unless you make them. By that I mean crappy hand loads or shoving mud down the barrel. And I don't like Glocks all that much either.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Total BS!! Like BC said..........Glocks or most any other gun don't go Kaboom for no reason. I've got a Generation 1 Model 22, and a Gen 3 G23 & G27.......love them all.

frijolero817

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I have a Glock 22 that I've run over a thousand rounds of wolf, remington, cci, and whatever else it would take with no kaboom or anything weird like that. I love the .40 round also. It's light enough that you can get a pretty accurate double tap going if you need to. I plan on going to the shoot on Sunday with everyone else, and if you want to try it out I'll let you if you're going.

87'vette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    I've owned every .40 model glock makes and they were all flawless. Any gun, no matter the make, can Kaboom. If interested in one, get it, and don't look back. You won't regret it. :patriot:

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I really don't like glocks... REALLY don't care for them... I always get a good deal and i always give them another try.

That said, My recent purchase of a 23 compensated has been great. I enjoy shooting it, its gone bang every time and i trust it 100%

JOe

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    I'v had a 23 and a 27, both were great and for a quite a while the 23 got 250-500 rounds a week run through it. Absolutely no problems.

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    I have had the 23,27,26, and the 30. I also hve a sig 229. All of these guns have been flawless. In all I have over 10,000 rounds put through these guns with no problems what so ever. IMO these are the two best all around pistol manufacturers.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just make sure you are not the only one in the room professional enough...... I'm sure someone will get that one. lol

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    I used to own every model Glock made (except the 380 and full auto ones), I absolutely hated them, I still own two, and actually may buy more, because, other than a Taurus PT92 and PT58, the Glocks were/are the most reliable guns I ever owned. Right now I have a 27 and a 19 I kept., I hated selling my 23, 22 and 17L though. I sold the 10mm ones after firing 4 rounds, Harrts recoil reducer, beefed up recoil springs, with boxes of the lower powered FBI load ammo and all. Police LT. bought all my .45s. The .40 is "peppy" but not uncontrollable, and you can convert it to a 9mm if needed.

The_Hunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Now Dallas
    I have a 22 I picked up used. Did a little clean up work on it and it has been good to go for 500 rounds so far. This is my first GLOCK and I gotta say I LOVE it.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have never had a problem with lights attached, but have heard that the extra weight on the dust cover can put the recoil guide rod and spring in a bind. Maybe with a really heavy light that doesn't hit the trigger guard or something.

Top Bottom