• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    When I was an EMT/Vol. Firefighter. We had spring loaded punches. They are nice but you dont need then all you need is the Antenna off of the car. Hold it about 4-5 inches from the end(the non-threaded end) Brace you hand on the door frame with the end of the antenna on the bottom corner of the window(use your thumb to hold down pressure). Grab the small round end pull it back and let it go. No more Window. I actually preffered this method to the punch. MAKE SURE TO WEAR GLOVES/SAFETY GLASSES.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    When I was an EMT/Vol. Firefighter. We had spring loaded punches. They are nice but you dont need then all you need is the Antenna off of the car. Hold it about 4-5 inches from the end(the non-threaded end) Brace you hand on the door frame with the end of the antenna on the bottom corner of the window(use your thumb to hold down pressure). Grab the small round end pull it back and let it go. No more Window. I actually preffered this method to the punch. MAKE SURE TO WEAR GLOVES/SAFETY GLASSES.

I just saw that on a Youtube video. Crazy!!

tequila45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    aurora, il
    I put the but end of my spyderco tim wegner through a passenger car window once. I was trying to help a women who's car flipped on its side right in front of us. took about 5 good wacks. when I finally broke it, i was on all fours trying to keep her conscious when i looked down and noticed a pool of blood. apparently I put a 1in cut on my forearm from the window and didnt even realize it, so yeah, I know first hand those windows WILL tear you up.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I put the but end of my spyderco tim wegner through a passenger car window once. I was trying to help a women who's car flipped on its side right in front of us. took about 5 good wacks. when I finally broke it, i was on all fours trying to keep her conscious when i looked down and noticed a pool of blood. apparently I put a 1in cut on my forearm from the window and didnt even realize it, so yeah, I know first hand those windows WILL tear you up.

How deep was the cut? If it was just a scratch, it can bleed pretty good but not be serious. If it's deep enough to hit muscle and tendon, then you have to worry.

tequila45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    aurora, il
    How deep was the cut? If it was just a scratch, it can bleed pretty good but not be serious. If it's deep enough to hit muscle and tendon, then you have to worry.
    It was deep enough that I had to have stitches on the inside BEFORE hey stitched the outside. The location was on the outside of my forearm

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    the ceramic off a spark plug will do the trick. and I also carry an extraction knife when I'm on duty at my local vol. fire dept. long story short, it takes a whack or two but it will work.

leftyonly

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Tomball
    The only modern cars I know of that use laminated side windows were S class Mercedes, but they quit doing that a few years ago. The only reason I can think of to run laminated glass on a side window is to help keep people in the car during an accident and with the near universal use of seatbelts these days, that isn't worth the weight or the extra trouble it gives rescue workers getting into the car.

Not true...many vehicles have laminated front windows, usually they are in luxury categories. It has nothing to do with occupant protection, it is solely used to reduce noise in the cabin. I have a 2011 Hyundai Genesis with laminated front side windows.

watch the side impact test here:

Hyundai Genesis Crashtests - YouTube

note the side impact test...rear side glass explodes it is conventional tempered glass...the front side laminated glass remains solid!

Richard

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    the ceramic off a spark plug will do the trick. and I also carry an extraction knife when I'm on duty at my local vol. fire dept. long story short, it takes a whack or two but it will work.

Why the ceramic off the spark plug when you can just throw the whole spark plug at the window lol

bobert2412

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Centerville
    There are a growing number of new cars with laminated glass all around. They make it much more difficult to remove. AND much more uncomfortable to work with. Spring punches/antennae still work on many side glasses, just don't assume too much on the newer model, high end, cars.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom