• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    been looking for a CCW gun lately. looking at G26, M&P9c, and the SR9c. today i wet to my local pawn shop cause they always have a **** ton of guns, and their new merch is cheaper than the gun store down the street, and their layaway is badass.

anyway, they had the G26 new and the M&P new. the G26 was $499 and the M&P for $479. i handled both and i really like the glock. the M&P also felt really great. i think im liking the Glock more, i can use the mags from the 17, 18 and 19, as well as all the upgradable stuff on the gun. But like i said, the M&P was just as awesome too. i dunno
    Ki5Pb.gif

I dont have the $$ to go and buy right now (being poor sucks), but i said the pawn shops layaway was awesome because it is. 10% down, 10%/mo. i almost threw down $50 today for the G26.

what do you think? remember, this would be a Conceal Carry gun only. I dont think i would do much else with it as my full size P95 is already my home defense and ranch sidearm.

note: the SR9c is now out as a choice.
    Texas SOT

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    My G26 is the first pistol I bought.

Don't tell it, but I think I should have gotten a G19 instead. I can't imagine it being that much harder to conceal the G19, and I would have an easier time coping with using the G19 for other things besides concealed carry.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I've got both and swap between the two based on what I decide to wear on the morning. Thinner shirts don't hide the 19 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Adame

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    I have the g26 and love it! And I can conceal it fairly well. But you can't go wrong with ether.

Best of luck :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I tell first time buyers, when they don't take my advice and try shooting a bunch of guns, to go Glock 19 as the resale is better, from what I've seen, than the 26.

AND

The 19 is the "Goldilocks" of guns. Not too big, not too small, not too fat, not too slim, not too heavy, not too light. After carrying around a G19 you'll know if you want to compromise more and get smaller or feel comfortable enough to carry a full sized gun.

Mr.Adame

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    I tell first time buyers, when they don't take my advice and try shooting a bunch of guns, to go Glock 19 as the resale is better, from what I've seen, than the 26.

AND

The 19 is the "Goldilocks" of guns. Not too big, not too small, not too fat, not too slim, not too heavy, not too light. After carrying around a G19 you'll know if you want to compromise more and get smaller or feel comfortable enough to carry a full sized gun.

Agreed :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    i went g26 over the 19 for carry because i can make the capacity big or small, i can carry the standard 10round mags for smaller size or i can use the larger magazines for the 17,18,19 models. the glock19 magazine with a grip spacer fits really well

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I went the .40 route & got a G27....love it!
    Depending on what I will be driving, I either carry a G23 or a G27.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    I love my G27 but it is very difficult to conceal with only a tshirt in an IWB. Maybe it's just me? But like it has been said a 26/27 with extended base plates are very close in size to a 19/23. Thus why I'm going to a 19 & 23 for carry when possible and searching for a single stack warm weather piece.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    i went g26 over the 19 for carry because i can make the capacity big or small, i can carry the standard 10round mags for smaller size or i can use the larger magazines for the 17,18,19 models. the glock19 magazine with a grip spacer fits really well

which is why im considering the 26. i know the 19 is the "just right" model but im looking for deep concealment and small.

also with the 26, if the zombies start coming i can drop in the 33rd mags and make my way out of the city. :ohnoes:

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    I love my G27 but it is very difficult to conceal with only a tshirt in an IWB. Maybe it's just me? But like it has been said a 26/27 with extended base plates are very close in size to a 19/23. Thus why I'm going to a 19 & 23 for carry when possible and searching for a single stack warm weather piece.
    About the same size as a bob-tailed 19/23, so still not the same size. If you normally wear a large you need to wear an XL to conceal. You have to dress around the gun, no matter what gun you choose.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    The RMR is pretty sweet on the Glock 26/27.

I didn't need to hear that. :)
    You're just making me want to get my 19 and 26 all dressed up.

I had my wife already prepped for me to order a 17 from Gabe....

Guess I'll have to reconsider selling off some pistols and tools that aren't getting used anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom