• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • klabe81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Humble
    I've never handled one. I've heard they are extremely reliable like most Glocks. I dare say they make ideal purse guns for petite lady hands (shoot me).
    But I'm confused as to how comfortable it would be with my little finger dangling. Plus from what I've heard, the extended mag with the extra finger notch can pinch a bit and be annoying when used over and over at the range.
    I think the unseasoned gun user may be tempted to use their middle finger on the trigger.
    Glock generally goes for ergonomic design and to me, this design is lacking ever so slightly in the ergo department.
    I may well be wrong. Next time I'm in Academy I'll ask to hold one and if I am wrong I will return and sing it's praises. Who knows? Maybe I'll buy one.

If it's reliable it's good value for the price. I just don't fancy buying one. I want a handle that I can get my whole hand on. For me, stability is reliability.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    I've never handled one. I've heard they are extremely reliable like most Glocks. I dare say they make ideal purse guns for petite lady hands (shoot me).
    But I'm confused as to how comfortable it would be with my little finger dangling. Plus from what I've heard, the extended mag with the extra finger notch can pinch a bit and be annoying when used over and over at the range.
    I think the unseasoned gun user may be tempted to use their middle finger on the trigger.
    Glock generally goes for ergonomic design and to me, this design is lacking ever so slightly in the ergo department.
    I may well be wrong. Next time I'm in Academy I'll ask to hold one and if I am wrong I will return and sing it's praises. Who knows? Maybe I'll buy one.

If it's reliable it's good value for the price. I just don't fancy buying one. I want a handle that I can get my whole hand on. For me, stability is reliability.
    i thought the same with the dangling finger, but actually it feels right. my coworker has a baby eagle 9mm and my pinky just has enough room to have something to be on, but not enough room to actually make it gripable. so thats annoying, my finger doesnt know what to do. when i held the glock, dangling it felt just fine. the MP9 also felt the same way, like ti was normal.

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    I considered a G26 but went with a G19 because when all is said and done, the G19 is much easier to grip properly for control with very little increase in size.
    If deep concealment is that important, their are better non-Glock guns.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    I have fairly large hands and the G26 fits me fine. My pinkie goes under the mag shoe and the girth of the G26 grip fills my hand securely. In fact, when I use the +2 mag extension or the 17 mag with spacer, it just doesn't feel quite right. For a full grip, my SIG 229 fits better. Now, the PM9...with the skinny AND short grip...takes a little 'doing' to make it feel as good as the 26; however, a band around the grip makes quite a difference.

Of course, what makes the G26 grip fit my hand better also makes for a much thicker CCW profile. Dang! Can't have EVERYthing! Guess that's one reason we keep buying handguns! PM9 for warm-weather carry...G26 with jeans and overshirt/jacket. Haven't tried to CCW the SIG.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress

Why would a lady want/need a smaller grip than a man? Small grips amplify felt recoil. Larger grips (within reason) give a better contact ratio for the hands as long as the trigger is still reachable.

There's plenty of ladies shooting uspsa with full size and double stack pistols. They ain't complaining as they out shoot most of us mere mortals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klabe81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Humble
    Why would a lady want/need a smaller grip than a man? Small grips amplify felt recoil. Larger grips (within reason) give a better contact ratio for the hands as long as the trigger is still reachable.

There's plenty of ladies shooting uspsa with full size and double stack pistols. They ain't complaining as they out shoot most of us mere mortals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It wasn't a sexist remark but I guess it may have been slightly prejudiced to assume a woman who has smaller hands would prefer a smaller gun.
    The (shoot me) remark was to the big fellas who own one who may have been offended by my suggestion it's an ideal lady gun.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    It does depend entirely upon the lady. Different ladies prefer different things. Mine likes her Glock 19 and snubby 357 with large grips.

Designated

Senior Unobtanium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Killeen
    I have G26, great carry gun. It "dissappears" on me and I dont have to work at concealing it much. My G19 is great but doesnt make it in the rotation as often because I need to dress around it.

Maybe because I carry Appendix and have to sit down a lot.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    G26 is a good gun, especially for concealment. I've owned a G27 and a G36 and liked them both. I read about people that have "heard/read/, etc." about a grip extension pinching when you fire the gun but IMO if you've got hold of the grip tightly like you should, it won't pinch. I had extensions on both those guns noted above and never had any issues with pinching.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    The pinching thing probably comes from inserting the magazine. The grip extensions that came with my G26 mags have a lip on the front that fits flush with the front of the grip. The way the grip is designed, it has a lip that goes in front of a flush fitting magazine. So the two lips come together in the front and if you have a bit of flesh there you can pinch it when you slap a mag in.

I didn't review my previous post in this thread so I might have already said it, but if you are all about having all your fingers on the grip, I'd strongly suggest you look harder at the G19 or compact sized Glocks instead of the sub-compact sized Glocks.

Top Bottom