Glock LE Dealer in Houston

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by DirtyD, Dec 1, 2008.

1. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Does anybody know who or where there is a Glock Authorized LE dealer in the Houston area? I am looking to pick up a 19 at their factory LE/Military price, and to do this you have to either buy direct from Glock or through a LE dealer.... Thanks.

2. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    You can buy one at the LE/Miilitary price through a "LE" Glock dealer.
    I dont know who that is in Houston.
    In San Antonio it is Dury's Guns and in Austin it is GT Distributors.
    If you are a LEO you can send GT's a letter (sample letter on their website), and pay by credit card over the phone and they can ship it to your department without you having to go to Austin.
    :texas:

3. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Thanks, not LE, but am Military...

4. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    You can probably ask some LEO in the Houston area and they can steer you in the right direction.
    If you are ever in SA or Austin, both of the stores I mentioned have really knowledgable, friendly guys working for them. GT usually has more stock. Bought a G19-OD last week from GT's and they had way more stock that Dury's, in every caliber.

5. DirtyD

DirtyD Well-Known

Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Exactley the gun I was looking for too.....

6. Texan2

Texan2 TGT Addict

Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    GT's had 2 left when I was there last week...
    LE/Mil price is $398.20 with stock sights.

7. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

If you can't find one, call Sporting Arms here in the DFW area. I'm pretty sure they do a lot of business with LEO's and besides, Tom and Becky are great people to work with.

8. malladus

malladus Active Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Fountain firearms out on Highway 6 on the west side of Houston claims to offer the LE and .mil discounts, not sure if they are a true LE stocking dealer. Another place to look is at the gssf website GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation, they have been running a discount purchase program for gssf members that lets you get the weapon at the LE/.mil cost. It lists some dealers (not all LE/.mil are participating in it). Definitely try and get one from the LE/.mil stocking dealers as you get 3 mags (for fulllsize and compact) instead of the standard 2 that us civvies get from the regular dealers.

malladus

9. malladus

malladus Active Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    Fountain firearms out on Highway 6 on the west side of Houston claims to offer the LE and .mil discounts, not sure if they are a true LE stocking dealer. Another place to look is at the gssf website GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation, they have been running a discount purchase program for gssf members that lets you get the weapon at the LE/.mil cost. It lists some dealers (not all LE/.mil are participating in it). If i remember though there one none listed in Houston, but there is one down southeast of houston someplace. Also call first, as depending on the size of the dealer and his volume of sales he may not have the particular one you want in stock. I know that the ever popular Cheaper then Dirt up here is a official LE stocker and their selection is spotty at best. THey usually have the more common models used by the local and state LE in stock (typically the .40s).

Definitely try and get one from the LE/.mil stocking dealers as you get 3 mags (for fulllsize and compact) instead of the standard 2 that us civvies get from the regular dealers.

malladus

10. TxShooter

TxShooter Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Houston Metro Area
    There is no offical Glock LE dealer in Houston. Texas State Distributers used to be the LE dealer in the Houston region, but they went out of business and no one else has picked it up. For what it's worth, the last 2 LE glocks I purchased I got through GT Distributers in Austin anyway.