Glock Pistol Shooting too high

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by kmbrman, Nov 4, 2009.

1. kmbrman

kmbrman New Member

May 23, 2009
    WACO
    A common complaint from Glock owners is about the stock pistol shooting about 2" too high on paper . The factory sight is .160 on new pistols. I've replaced my 17L front with a .200 high tritium night sight. I can now get the full range of the adjustable rear without having to bottom out the rear sight completely.:banger:

Attached Files:

2. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    having dealt with Glocks for over 10 years, selling them and training people with them for over 5 years I have NEVER heard this complaint.

3. kmbrman

kmbrman New Member

May 23, 2009
    WACO
    txinvestigator

Probably has to do with fact that I like to shoot from a rest for my forearms. Hand held, I probably might have a different POI . maybe lower,:indifferent0004: from say a free standing position.

4. okie556

okie556 Well-Known

Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    But........if this ever comes up in the future you will know how to resolve.:happy0001: Had to edit......Stupid Beer!

Thanks Kmbrman for the tip.

5. Texas Bulldog

Texas Bulldog Active Member

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I have this problem. The glock is the only handgun ive come across i shoot high.. and typically its a tad to the left as well.

No idea why :gotme:

6. Texas42

Texas42 TGT Addict

Nov 21, 2008
    Temple
    It is a pistol. . . . don't you just take a finer sight picture?

7. Texas Bulldog

Texas Bulldog Active Member

Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    11sh178.jpg

8. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I have probably shot 50 Glocks, and never had this problem.

I find that all non-centroid shooting is shooter based in this particular make. Glocks are very finicky about the shooter's ability due to the light weight and odd grip. They are prone to heeling (pushing the muzzle up), and any trigger pull issues (right and left).

I have never seen a Glock with the sights off from the factory.

9. gladi8r

gladi8r Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Troy Tx
    Alot of people I teach to shoot indeed shoot a glock pistol high at first, I attribute this to the diffrent grip angle. Im sure you all know it is alot more steeper than a 1911 style grip angle, I just tell them to focus on the front site tip more and shoot it out. It will come to poi within time.

10. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Bulldog

At what distance were you shooting, at what pace were you firing?

Some people tend to let the front sight drift up too high when shooting. I have seen that plenty of times. Go over to Glock Talk and ask how common a problem the gun being responsible for high shooting is.