Military Camp

Glocks may be perfection but they arent a fraking commodity.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rango

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2019
    Aledo, TX
    Correct. If someone is desperate enough to pay $900 for a custom stipple job (think dude with soldering iron) on a Glock 19 Gen 3, then so be it.

What I AM against is the neckbeards going to Academy, buying a bunch of ammo, then selling it on Texas Gun Trader for quadruple price.
    Yes, but the market will sort that out.

I have pistol ammo I'd sell that I bought in Kalifornia when it looked like they were going to pass a $1 PER ROUND Tax on it. Same with .22.

I had it up for sale until somebody PM'd me talking a bunch of crap.... That I was the problem for buying it "all up". What they didn't know is that ammo was all bought years ago, moved it to Texas from California and it was for sale for what I paid for it.

I pulled all the ads for the Glocks and ammo, put'm back in the safe. What I learned was part of the price of selling was to take a bunch of crap and that price was too high for me. YMMV.
    Venture Surplus ad

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Yes, but the market will sort that out.

I have pistol ammo I'd sell that I bought in Kalifornia when it looked like they were going to pass a $1 PER ROUND Tax on it. Same with .22.

I had it up for sale until somebody PM'd me talking a bunch of crap.... That I was the problem for buying it "all up". What they didn't know is that ammo was all bought years ago, moved it to Texas from California and it was for sale for what I paid for it.

I pulled all the ads for the Glocks and ammo, put'm back in the safe. What I learned was part of the price of selling was to take a bunch of crap and that price was too high for me. YMMV.
    I don't bitch about it though, I just don't buy it. I don't like it, but that's life.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Those of us not needing to buy right now say "free market".

Those of us needing/wanting to buy right now say "freaking idiots driving up prices."

Perhaps some truth in both.
    When I needed to buy my first black rifle right after Sandy Hook I said "free market" & overpaid for one. And was happy.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Yes, yes of course, free enterprise system, yes, we're all Capitalist's.

OK?

Got it!

But, if you can't understand Cand's point, you aint listening....

The sheer gall of asking 2.5 times in this market (and used at that) more than should be asked for something is a pissing me off price too.

Does anyone 'have' to buy it?

No, and it's not 'essential' (gawd, i hate that word now) but quit avoiding the point.

Were I to sell something, hell anything, I wouldn't ask out-f-ing-landish prices, but then I'm fabulously wealthy, so there's that....

Bull! Y’all are just sorry you don’t have a closet full of Glocks to sell into this market.

You Glock Haters love to jump on the For Sale threads when someone wants a premium price for a Glock, but if someone wants a big price for some single action Ruger or an overpriced 1911 or BHP, you cheer on the seller. Y’all are pathetic in your hate for a simple yet wildly popular pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    My LNIB G26 slide is currently over $700 on eBay. I started the auction at .99 with no reserve.

Slide and barrel? Or just slide?

I bought a new slide from Brownells for just over $200 about two weeks ago. The factory G26 barrel from the Glock Store was another $175. Had to buy individual parts and still need sights. Frame was $209 with parts installed for a Gen 4 G26 frame in Dark Earth.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I'm all for free market but some folks are getting stupid. Your beat up used Glock isnt worthy of a 50 to 100 percent retail mark up.

And that's a special different kind of stupid than the idiots paying that price. Or meeting behind the adult bookstore at 2 AM to deal.

Update the spreadsheets gentlemen.

Seriously, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Dont get me started on 1500 dollar WASRs or fubard bubba gunsmithing home brew ARs.

But they know what they got.

Who knew shit was worth so much.

Were in a pandemic dont you know.

Nobody is forcing you to buy anything as far as I can tell.
    Lighten up Francis

I learned about supply and demand in high school economics..

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Slide and barrel? Or just slide?

I bought a new slide from Brownells for just over $200 about two weeks ago. The factory G26 barrel from the Glock Store was another $175. Had to buy individual parts and still need sights. Frame was $209 with parts installed for a Gen 4 G26 frame in Dark Earth.

Complete slide with barrel, sights, internals, etc.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Bull! Y’all are just sorry you don’t have a closet full of Glocks to sell into this market.

You Glock Haters love to jump on the For Sale threads when someone wants a premium price for a Glock, but if someone wants a big price for some single action Ruger or an overpriced 1911 or BHP, you cheer on the seller. Y’all are pathetic in your hate for a simple yet wildly popular pistol.

tenor.gif

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Right now things are really crazy, and it's a seller's market. Really in all all honesty, it only affects me in getting some of the firearms I want.

I believe the market will stabilize, just as it has before. If someone wants to pay twice what a Glock is really worth because they didn't have one before, and now feel they need one, that's their fault for not being prepared. I suspect many of those willing pay such high prices could be first time buyers.

I think a seller should be able ask whatever price floats their boat. If someone is willing to pay that price, it's purely between them.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Better than stripped, but crazy to pay that. Good on you though. Starting at $0.99 is all on the bidders.

Why yes, yes it is. I was willing to sell it in my store on Thursday, but the customer wasn’t interested. I was asking $250 in the store. I thought it was very reasonable. Lesson learned on at least one side.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom