• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Several years ago I gave up soft drinks all together. Today I can't stand the taste of them. Way too much sugar and un-natural ingredients. I was still drinking sweet tea for a while but as my taste buds adapted to the change even most teas are too sweet for my taste now.

It's good clean water that I crave. While I prefer sparkling water I find myself more and more craving a good crisp still water. I have water with me pretty much everywhere I go; including on the nightstand when I go to bed.

The health benefits of water are amazing. From flushing excess sodium and other toxins from the body to aiding in digestion and reducing the chances of stroke and heart attack, water does it all.

I do find that I much prefer spring water over "drinking" water and definitely have some favorite brands of bottled water.

Any other water aficionados out there?
    Gun Zone Deals

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    After having kidney stone surgery, were the doc went up my - well, you know - and had a catheter for a couple of weeks. Every time I peed it almost made me cry, yeah - I'm seriously into drinking water. I still have five more of those bastards in my kidneys and I drink as much as I can every single day.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Good Call Papi. I can promise you, you don't want a god damn kidney stone. I curled up in my closet, screaming.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Good Call Papi. I can promise you, you don't want a god damn kidney stone. I curled up in my closet, screaming.

never had one (knocking on wood) don't want one. I can say this, when I was a kid my Pops had em, and I aint never heard a grown man make the kind of blood curdling screams and noises as that man did. Bless his heart....and yours

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Wake up. Drink a liter of water while you're getting ready.

I do it.

I try to knock out several liters of water throughout the day, but that usually depends on how busy I am.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    that's why I got in the habit of carrying my mug with me wherever I go.....it stays full all day/night. I almost feel lost when I don't have it with me......which is very rare

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Several years ago I gave up soft drinks all together. Today I can't stand the taste of them. Way too much sugar and un-natural ingredients. I was still drinking sweet tea for a while but as my taste buds adapted to the change even most teas are too sweet for my taste now.

It's good clean water that I crave. While I prefer sparkling water I find myself more and more craving a good crisp still water. I have water with me pretty much everywhere I go; including on the nightstand when I go to bed.

The health benefits of water are amazing. From flushing excess sodium and other toxins from the body to aiding in digestion and reducing the chances of stroke and heart attack, water does it all.

I do find that I much prefer spring water over "drinking" water and definitely have some favorite brands of bottled water.

Any other water aficionados out there?

I drink a cup or two of coffee in the morning, then water the rest of the day. Since Sept 2012 I have only drank water or coffee. I drink at least half my body weight, in ounces, per day of water. That is the suggest optimum intake of water. Hunger is often actually thirst.

If I slack off I can tell right away.

Nortex

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2013
    Republic of Texas
    I've installed a Reverse Osmosis system everywhere I've lived for the past 15+ years.

Drink a quart in the am, drink another 3-4 throughout the day (I use those thermos intāk bottles to take it with me), and another quart in the evening.

Kids and the missus drink lots too, seems like we all stay healthier than most.

I do coffee & iced tea from time to time...tastes much better with pure H2O.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Ive drank 3-4-5 gallons in a day on multiple occasions. I can also by a gallon ozarka jug and about half will be gone before Im a mile down the road.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I stopped drinking soda in high school and have been primarily a water drinker ever since. I do enjoy the occasional tea or Gatorade and sometimes will add a bit of Mio flavor enhancer when I'm wanting some flavor but water is the way to go.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Wake up. Drink a liter of water while you're getting ready.

I do it.

I try to knock out several liters of water throughout the day, but that usually depends on how busy I am.

This is actually REALLY good advice for diabetics too. Helps stabilize your insulin levels throughout the day if you start off with plenty of water as usually right after you wake up is when they are most out of whack (I'm not diabetic myself although I'm hypoglycemic so if I don't watch things I have an increased chance of becoming diabetic).

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    We're on Austin city water and I use a Zero Filter for tea and coffee and water bottles. LG fridge filter for ice and some drinking water. What are you guys drinking? Our tap water doesn't taste bad...I just like filtering it a bit more.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    We're on Austin city water and I use a Zero Filter for tea and coffee and water bottles. LG fridge filter for ice and some drinking water. What are you guys drinking? Our tap water doesn't taste bad...I just like filtering it a bit more.

Tap water. I am not paying more for water than for gasoline.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Tap water. I am not paying more for water than for gasoline.

I'm with you. I reckon we're at about 25-35cents a gallon with the ZeroFilter system(actually not counting the pitcher itself), using about a gallon a day from that filter. Will be more during hotter weather and increased time on the bicycle. As we all did as kids, I drank straight from the spigot or garden hose; but nowadays I'd rather get a refreshing blast from the water instead of a puzzled look on my face indicating I can't tell what's in it! ;)

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I like sparkling water like Le Croix or similar with a hint of flavor, but no calories or sweetners. Perrier is no longer fashionable, but I do like it with a slice of lemon or lime, and usually drink it when others have alcohol.
    In Houston, I filter my water even though in the winter tap water is not too bad. I can't help but think that plastic bottled water has to have something from the plastic leech into it, especially if stored in a warm place llike a garage. My dad would laugh if I told him that I bought bottled water.

Top Bottom