• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Had one small kidney stone, that was enough of a wakeup to stop drinking so much processed nonsense and add more water. I do tend to add the flavored sugar free water mixes though, rather than plain water, but it's the cutting of the Mt. Dew and such that's helped. I do drink a fair amount of coffee (3-4 cups a day), followed by a half gallon or more of water before I leave work, then more at home. I never heard the half of your weight rule, but I'm right at or slightly over that per day.
    Texas SOT

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Water, tea or coffee usually. My tea and coffee don't have any sugar or sweetener.

Working on making the ratio better - way too much coffee lately.

I do filter most of my water with a Berkey. Still drink tap water if the Berkey has run dry because we forgot to fill it (it doesn't filter fast).

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    I mostly gave upper sugar many years ago and I very rarely fall off the wagon. I've been working on eliminating simple carbs (white breads and such) for a long time... cut back but never fully deleted them from my diet. Yeah I know, I'm weak. I buy lots of fresh veggies and salads these days but they often spoil before I consume them. Hey, ya' gotta say something for the attempts... right?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I drink nothing but water and have not had a soda/pop in about 15 years. Gave up coffee long before that. The only exception is about a cup of milk with my morning cereal and around the holidays, I may have some OJ with breakfast.

I like cold water with no ice. Our neighborhood well has far too much salt in it so I drink the cheap spring water from Wally World.

Flash

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Pretty much all I drink is water. I go to work with water, I go to school with water, I have a mini fridge with my refillable water bottle inside sitting next to my bed as my night stand. I rarely drink anything else. No coffee in the mornings. When I go out to eat, I usually get a flavored tea and a water....or on a rare occasion...a dr. pepper. HATE coke, pepsi, RC and the like. I have a few of those Mio flavor things that I use occasionally with my water. been like that since I was about 10 years old. I've had a few periods where I drank a lot of milk for a few weeks, and the last time was around 2004

MPA1988

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Water will accelerate your metabolism reducing the body's opportunity to convert nutrients to fat. Therefore, the affect of drinking at least 8 - 16 oz. glasses of water per day (minimum) is even more important as we age because our metabolism slows and what we see from poor nutrition, coupled with lack of exercise, and lack of sufficient quantities of water is the all-embarassing belly fat.

Unless you're me at the age of 58 - lean and mean, and yes, with a 6 pack.:roflfunny:

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Good Call Papi. I can promise you, you don't want a god damn kidney stone. I curled up in my closet, screaming.

first one I got, I thought it was gas, or I had to poop. So I'm sitting on the toilet, the pants come off so I could really "push" a fart out. Next thing I know I am laying on the floor puking into the shower. Good god. I had never felt that level of pain before (not even my MCL tear was that bad).

6 cokes a day did me in. I went about 8 months with not one soda, and regret having them again. I've had three rounds of kidney stones, and its incredibly painful. I drink a crap ton of water everyday. I never want to feel that level of pain again.

In regards to the water, I like room temp water these days. Only when its really hot do I have ice water.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I usually drink at least 1 gallon of water per day. All of the more modern research I've seen on the subject suggests that, under normal daily activity, divide your body weight by 2 and that equals the number of ounces of water you should drink. If you're physically exerting yourself a lot or out in the heat for long periods of time, that number is going to increase.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    You guys should really look into getting a big berkey filter. Run it with the black elements and the pf2 secondary filters. I made a bucket version for home and work. Drink that water for a year and you won't want bottled water again. I use that water to make ice too. Coffee and tea made with the berkey filtered water taste better. The filter I have at work doesn't have a close water source, so we haul a five gallon bucket to an outside spigot and haul it back in and pour it in the filter. It is worth it. The black elements have filtered thousands of gallons of water and are several years old already. The pf2 get replaced twice a year.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I've got a reverse osmosis system in the kitchen but it's been barely putting anything out the last couple of months. Now you guys are pushing me towards getting it fixed.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I've got a reverse osmosis system in the kitchen but it's been barely putting anything out the last couple of months. Now you guys are pushing me towards getting it fixed.

Just replaced the filters in mine, and it helped the output by quite a bit.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    About ten years ago, I heard a doctor promote his water weight loss program. He said that if you replaced every ounce of sugary soda with an ounce of spring water, you could lose ten pounds of weight in one year without having to change any other thing in your diet.

Ten years later, I've lost exactly 35 pounds, when it should have been 100 pounds.

By his reckoning, we would eventually be reduced to zero pounds.

It was good advice: 135 feels a lot better than 170, but the 30.06 sure bucks a lot harder on a slimmer frame.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    For all of you doing RO water, make sure you guys are replacing some of the good minerals that it strips out. Reverse osmosis will make the water very close to neutral PH and thus able to readily absorb carbon dioxide making a bit of a carbonic acid solution which isn't good for you. Make sure to add something like a small amount of Keltic sea salt or something similar to get the PH back up unless you are drinking it immediately.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    napahese.jpg

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    I was drinking 50-60 oz. of coke every day until 2 months ago. Nothing but water since. I drink about 5-6 quarts/day.

Top Bottom