• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Alright so I'm in Port Arthur working we worked yesterday it was slow as hell(waiting on Union welders....big surprise) we pretty much sat in an office or the truck for 12 hours. I badge in at 5:30 this morning and go to the office for a meeting and I get told I'm going back to houston. I guess the refinery folks figured we had too many people.

I'm pissed, but I try to just go along with it. I go back to where I'm staying, and tell the guy I need to check out early. Turns out he new and can't use the computer system to refund. He finally gets ahold of the manager and after 20 minutes messing with the computer he opens the register and there might be fifty bucks in it. So I wait around till 9:30 for a manger to show and finally get my refund, and I hit the road.

I'm hauling ass down I-10 and one of my bosses calls "we have you back at Port A thurs/fri and you should be back on the turn around Saturday".....so why am I driving back to houston?...turned around drove back, and looked like a dumbass checking back in.....lol.

Go home work....your drunk.
    Hurley's Gold

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Working with contractors or being a contractor. Either way, schedules are merely guidelines. Subject to change at any moment. Don't let it bother ya.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yup, I've gotten call in the middle if the night and have to be there within a set time limit. I have also waited hours after getting up in the middle of the night for the contractee to arrive because they can take as long as they want.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Every time you think your job sucks, just remember: someone has to clean the bathroom at Taco Bell every Friday and Saturday night.

Top Bottom