• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Im not complaining that they sent me and I have no problem paying my dues. thats not the problem, They said I would start working again tomorrow, so its pay 50 bucks to drive or 50 bucks for a room so i stayed, now I dont work till friday. So Im spending money instead of making it. Its all the Customers BS too.

As for mileage they dont pay that, we get Perdiem, but Im not working so No perdiem. its all out of pocket at this point. Thats the problem.

Last edited:

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Someone said something about pictures. I may or may not have any pictures, but your not allowed to take pictures in refineries....:rolleyes:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I feel for ya.

I worked a project that lasted a few years where I'd be sitting at my desk and get a call.

Project Wonk - "Fly to Oakland."
    Me - "OK. When?"
    PW - "Now."
    Me - "Where do I go? Who do I see? What's the projected timeline? Which executive has delegated their authority to me?"
    PW - "Nothing is finalized. Just go and call me when you get there."

And I'd grab my go-bag, leave my car at the office, jump on a bus to the airport, and fly out. Sometimes there'd be someone on the other end. Sometimes they wouldn't have gotten the word and I'd just have to walk in and tell a bunch of completely unprepared strangers that I was going to turn their division upside down for a few days.

If I was lucky, I'd get to go home before I got a call to fly to Indy, or Cincy, or somewhere in the middle of nowhere in New Jersey. I really think I got assigned to the project because I said during the interview "I have no social life. Send me anywhere, anytime."

So, AKMike, just who is it in your organization who thinks you have no life, how did they get that idea, and are you going to try to disabuse them of that notion?

I only ask because I've lived that life and I know that it eventually wears you down. Like they say during the pre-flight safety briefings, you've got to take care of yourself before you can take care of anyone else.

I've been through Oakland Intl., what a shitty little airport.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    What a shitty state its in, full of shitty people, with shitty lives, and shitty children, and shitty views on life, with their shitty traffic, and shitty state goverment, with the shitty gun laws.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Heres where Im working
    FF10BC2F-6C83-4739-84FC-2287E245601C-10773-00000DB502F644DE.gif

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Hope I can run fast? lol Im not running from shit.

Besides its a picture from a public road, not from inside the plant lol

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Talking H2s gas and explosions? Eh I ain't worried. I work high up there's nowhere to run anyway lol

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've been through Oakland Intl., what a shitty little airport.

What a shitty state its in, full of shitty people, with shitty lives, and shitty children, and shitty views on life, with their shitty traffic, and shitty state goverment, with the shitty gun laws.

OK, I'm gonna be perverse here but only because it's the truth. I actually liked Oakland. There were several things I liked about it but here's the big one: Try walking far enough into Chinatown that no one speaks English, then pick some hole-in-the-wall eatery, order random stuff by pointing, and put those chopsticks to work. You'll want to go back again and again.

I'll go even further. I've been all over California. LA didn't impress me but the statewide landscape is pretty and varied, the weather is nice, and the people are only a little crazier than they are elsewhere. If it weren't for a state government that went wrong, it would be a great place. And it still took that government almost 50 years to completely screw up the place.

Nowadays I don't insult or belittle California. I don't dislike it. I just mourn the loss of potential and doubt I'll ever visit again.

Top Bottom