• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Teaching a big security class. What is there to do here? Any of y'all that live around here shoot me a PM or post in the thread.

Thanks,
    Hoji

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    My friend's ranch is about 30 miles east of there. The only thing I can tell you about Del Rio is that it's worth going to Julio's Restaurant for lunch. We do that once or twice while we're at the ranch deer hunting and have never been disappointed with the food.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Oh, and the Rudy's next to the hotel is kind of "meh" sausage was a little dry and the extra moist brisket was imitating the sausage.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Go check out the Laughlin Heritage Foundation Museum. It's tiny, but I spent quite a bit of time geeking out on the stuff in there.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Any other places to eat down here?
    Nope... Best restaurant in town is Dairy Queen. You would think the Mexican restaurants would be good, but they aren't.

Goto HEB, buy a steak and some charcoal, and take it out to Amistad. There's a few public grills out there you can use. Beautiful setting for dinner.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I spent a week on my Harley cruising around on the Mexican side of the border a few years ago. No GPS, no cell phone, just riding and seeing where I ended up.
    Cool. Not sure I would do that. I would be afraid I would end up losing my bike. I did enjoy riding 3 months around the U.S. though, 26,000 miles.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If you find yourself down here the Cripple Creek Steakhouse is worth a visit. Very well prepared NY Strip ( rare of course) with great flavor and texture, a passably decent Key Lime pie, and the salad and armadillo legs appetizer( baked jalapeño with cream cheese and bacon) were first rate.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    You are probably gone by now but my FIL lives there so we have been a bunch of times. Fish, tube the Rio Grande, or visit the Alamo set. I think it's from the John Wayne film.

Top Bottom