• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Blackhawk/winchestor bipods are really good quality. A hair below a harris/larue&harris. I used to get conned into buying the larue/harris bipods until i bought a firearm that came with the blackhawk. Half the price and 98% the same quality.
    They do the job and I have owned many. The Atlas is amazing though. I don't think every gun needs an Atlas, but every gun enthusiast should shoot with one at least once.
    Hurley's Gold

tboner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    I use Harris on everything. Lite and mobility is better with ease of operation. If Atlas was the way to go Id be there.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Either go budget with the Blackhawk or go all out and get an Atlas IMO. Also a tip that I learned yesterday from a guy at BOTW if you have a blackhawk/harris style bipod and you want to use it on a concrete bench. Take an angle iron and two C-clamps and secure the angle iron where you want your bipod to rest. You can load the bipod against the angle iron and get pretty consistent performance.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Either go budget with the Blackhawk or go all out and get an Atlas IMO. Also a tip that I learned yesterday from a guy at BOTW if you have a blackhawk/harris style bipod and you want to use it on a concrete bench. Take an angle iron and two C-clamps and secure the angle iron where you want your bipod to rest. You can load the bipod against the angle iron and get pretty consistent performance.
    Yep old and handy trick. Are you near botw? Im trying to start up some LR trips since its usually indoor meet ups.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Yep old and handy trick. Are you near botw? Im trying to start up some LR trips since its usually indoor meet ups.

Yup just south of there in Cedar Park. I'm just starting to get into the LR game too. Hit my first 750 steel yesterday with my Savage 11 Hog Hunter. Would be nice to have someone to shoot with and do some spotting.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Yup just south of there in Cedar Park. I'm just starting to get into the LR game too. Hit my first 750 steel yesterday with my Savage 11 Hog Hunter. Would be nice to have someone to shoot with and do some spotting.
    Theres a match coming up at botw on the 27AUG. Theyre doing 90% fees cash purse.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Cheaper Harris copies are ok if you don't use them a lot but are not built near as heavy as a Harris. The plus to Harris or atlas is both have a lifetime warranty.

At the match this last weekend there was a good 60/40 split of Harris over atlas and at least 1 proprietary bipod.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Cheaper Harris copies are ok if you don't use them a lot but are not built near as heavy as a Harris. The plus to Harris or atlas is both have a lifetime warranty.

At the match this last weekend there was a good 60/40 split of Harris over atlas and at least 1 proprietary bipod.
    Was the proprietary bipod called evolution bipod?

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

I have a Harris that swivels and tilts, and its awesome. I have another crappy one, not sure the brand, and I rarely use it. If it takes a bipod, the Harris is on the weapon.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    I have a Harris that swivels and tilts, and its awesome. I have another crappy one, not sure the brand, and I rarely use it. If it takes a bipod, the Harris is on the weapon.
    Tilting Harris is all I use. I carry a cheaper knockoff in my bag that's taller but it isn't used much at all. If I need anything taller than it I'm using shooting sticks.

tboner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2016
    The Caldwell's that Academy sells seem to have the small parts loosen and fall off when shot over time. Never had that happen with my 6 Harris pods.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have a Caldwell that I use on a .17 and it does ok. Use a Harris on my .308 and it has done duty on the .50 as well.

The shorter caldwells don't seem too bad for light duty use, they seem to have more play in then though. No parts have fallen off mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom