Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My neighborhood has had quite a few packages disappear.
    My neighborhood doesn't have this problem (much) but I still have my Amazon orders shipped to the nearest lockbox which happens to be at the Stripes where I get my sis a coffee every morning. It's super convenient and secure.

Except on days like today. I scheduled an order to arrive at my house today (Samsung 32" monitor) for several reasons.
    • It's too big to fit in a lockbox.
    • Sunday deliveries from Amazon are handled by the USPS and they seem to do a good job of NOT destroying boxes.
    • Porch thieves generally seem to take the day off on Sundays since there are no UPS or FedEx delivery trucks for them to follow around neighborhoods.
    I'm sure someone can poke some logic in this line of thinking but if I *must* have it delivered to home and it was ordered off smile.amazon.com, I generally try to arrange for Sunday delivery.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    W is for Winter
    latest?cb=20061206042456.jpg

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Well maybe not a good deal but at least another LGS.
    Gander Outdoors opened today. While not fully stocked yet it was getting there. Most things seemed about normal retail but a few little things were notable. They had a good selection of MSR’s and parts to build ARs. THe parts were primarily Aero Precision and magpul. The lowers, uppers, and matched sets were priced reasonably. Savage appears to be a strong player in their long gun line up. The cases for handguns were stocked. The rifle racks still needed filling out. Scope selection was a bit weak for now. The big this to note is the to get the better deal you need to buy a Sam good membership which gives you up to 10% off. So if you look at the price on the firearms, the big text with the price is the members price and the normal higher price is in smaller print. Membership is like $27 a year. They had a fair selection of ammo. Prices were not out of line... Main thing is they are still stocking the store...

This is in Lake Worth where the old Gander Mountain used to be.

Top Bottom