• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Man, that's good to know about Gun Gear To Go! Either they picked a bad name, or I'm just an idiot, 'cuz I thought it was a store just for gun GEAR, not actual guns. Imma check it out tomorrow!

Fred B.

+1

Never bothered to stop in since I did not think it was a gun shop. Even billboards did not advertise guns. They are losing a lot of customers.
    Hurley's Gold

Plano Mark

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Plano Texas
    I live in Plano so I go to Gunmasters, Bullet Trap, and Gun Gear to Go. I've bought guns at all three. There is a new store on 15th and Independance called Mister Guns, I've never stopped in there yet.

I also like Bachman, and I bought several guns from Barbers on Harry Hines when they were in business. I never shopped much at Ray's.

ed308

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    DFW
    I visited Rays for the first time over the holiday. They have a lot of stuff but prices are a little steep on some of the items I looked at. They were charging $32 for same 1 lb jug of powder I could get at Bass Pro for $25. And Bass Pro's not the cheapest store around. Gun prices were about the same.

RoyO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2014
    Johnson County
    Downing Guns in Cleburne, and Chisholm Trail in Burleson. Not as cheap as the big box stores, but I try to buy locally whenever I can. Both offer excellent customer service, and neither one tries to push the flavor of the month on you.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Downing Guns in Cleburne, and Chisholm Trail in Burleson. Not as cheap as the big box stores, but I try to buy locally whenever I can. Both offer excellent customer service, and neither one tries to push the flavor of the month on you.

If you're talking Johnson county, you left out Lone Star ranch & outdoors in Cleburne and Crazy Gun Guy in Alvarado (not counting the pawn shops)

Blindjudge04

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2015
    North of Dallas
    If you're in McKinney are great place is Runner Runner for AR related (also a great website), Front Sight Firearms has a great selection & amazing staff and Gun Gear to go in Plano but a little overpriced in my opinion.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    OK, my 2 cents ...

Bullet Trap - good selection, indoor range is nice. Bought a gun and ammo, their range was under half filled, and they wouldn't even let me shoot their ammo without paying the range fee. Sour taste! Had previously bought a couple of consignment guns, they wouldn't even call the owner with my offer. No negotiations. 3 strikes. I understand I started doing business with them under the current owner. Now I know the previous owner is at GGTG, gonna go see them TODAY.

Gunmaster's - my favorite store - guys there treat me well, will haggle on stuff. If you have questions or want to talk about the guns, they don't make you feel like you're wasting their time. Generally have a good selection of used and new guns. Looks like a lot of reloading and other supplies. Rather they didn't handle consignment ammo since it's such a sore point. They must have some reason to do it though.

CTD McKinney. Will never darken their doors again, online, onsite or otherwise. Bought a FNX .40 from them, then saw it advertised locally for $20 less in 2 other places. Learned from that - all their prices seem high. Lots of other stock so I was trickling back in now and again. Then, after their gouging on ammo, they lost me forever.

Cabellas, just another big box. Pretty impersonal - no help offered if you're cruising the aisles, but you flag one of them down, yes quite helpful. Will haggle on used guns if they've been in the rack a while. No red flags, but nothing particularly appealing either.

Academy - personal issue with them. They royally screwed my best friend (RIP) while he worked there. Won't do business with them over that.

Dick's - yawn.... Most inept customer service, counter clerks who know nothing but how to work the register. Got a question? No answers!!!

Last edited:

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Anybody here ever go to Grabagun in Coppell?

Yes. GPS took me 15 miles away for some reason at first. Re-entered the address and it took me there. Then the serial number of my new pistol came up in their system as a mossberg shotgun. Instead of recognizing that my Colt 1911 was indeed not a Mossberg 500, they kept me there for a half hour while they tried to straighten out their own computer problem. In my mind, they already had the serial number and all the proper paperwork done. They could have fixed their internal computer issue after I had left instead of keeping me there.

Otherwise the prices were good and employees nice enough.

Anybody been to Crazy Gun Dealer?

Yes. Employees are nice and willing to deal a little. Overpriced on 22 lr ammo, and in my opinion, the owner is a jerk. Not from my dealings with him, but from how I've heard him talking to and treating his employees.

Other than that, prices are fair and he's the closest gun shop to my house.

19 Kilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2015
    North Dallas
    Went to Mister Guns in Plano today. Nice staff, perty helpful, small selection of cans on the wall. They had some of the honey badger lowers which my wife thought were "cute" and she wants one for her next build..

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Visited GrabAGun yesterday. They don't have everything in their store shown on their website. Anything not in their store can be brought over from their warehouse in 2 - 3 days. They were the least expensive store I found for a Ruger and Springfield so I bought those. It's a small store front with around 4 people working the counter. A few others bought guns while I was in the store and several people picked up repairs. My place of work is relocating within 2 miles of the store in January so it will become convenient.

texagun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    North Texas
    Visited GrabAGun yesterday. They don't have everything in their store shown on their website. Anything not in their store can be brought over from their warehouse in 2 - 3 days. They were the least expensive store I found for a Ruger and Springfield so I bought those. It's a small store front with around 4 people working the counter. A few others bought guns while I was in the store and several people picked up repairs. My place of work is relocating within 2 miles of the store in January so it will become convenient.

Nice store but when their website says "gun in stock" it DOESN'T mean it's in the store. It will be in one of their 2 warehouses and you have to buy the gun before they will bring it into the store (2-3 days later). I don't buy guns I can't see first, so I don't do business with them.

texasjohnboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    North Texas
    If anyone is close to the red river, Past and Blast in Whitesboro is great. I haven't bought a firearm from them, but it was like being in a candy store as a 5 year old. Very friendly staff, and good prices from what I saw hanging off on the tags.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Almost every weekend there is a gun show with lots of choices and generally friendly/knowledgeable people. Also, check out "Shoot Smart", they are more gun range but they have a really large selection of rental guns (good rental policies) and they have reasonable prices on new guns and sell off the rentals from time to time. The Shoot Smart staff are all professionals not "clerks".

Top Bottom