Capitol Armory ad

Good guy with gun stops shooting at mall in Greenwood, Indiana.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    For the record, this has always been posted as a gun free zone, but, stupid signs carry no weight of law in Indiana. If spotted carrying, they could ask you to leave, with a trespass warning.

All the malls in indianapolis were owned by the Simon brothers, and they are pretty anti-gun.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    For the record, this has always been posted as a gun free zone, but, stupid signs carry no weight of law in Indiana. If spotted carrying, they could ask you to leave, with a trespass warning.

All the malls in indianapolis were owned by the Simon brothers, and they are pretty anti-gun.
    This should wake folks up to the fact that "gun free zones" only work when backed up by good folks with guns!

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016

I immediately wondered at "legally carrying" in a mall, but was unaware of Indiana's nuance on gun free zones.

Thank God this guy chose to ignore the signs, and I hope nothing comes back on him!

It's not a happy ending, just so much better than it could have been.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    What signs?
    KJQ6945 says the mall has always been posted.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    I just watched the news conference on this. The good Samaritan was praised by the police and given high marks for his tactics and marksmanship. Afterwards the press seemed to be more concerned with whether or not the good Samaritan was legally carrying than they were with the shooter. The Samaritan agreed that his name could be released. I don't think that I would have okay'd that.

Last edited:

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    Have they released information on how many GSWs Sapirman had? The article says that Dicken fired 10 rounds. I am just curious how many of those hit the intended target when shot by an untrained civilian under duress.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Have they released information on how many GSWs Sapirman had? The article says that Dicken fired 10 rounds. I am just curious how many of those hit the intended target when shot by an untrained civilian under duress.

Who says he was untrained, just because he was a civilian? Cops don't get much firearms training unless they're swat, and we trust them. Plenty of videos of them firing dozens or hundreds of rounds without killing the intended target.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Gun control advocates are pissed off that a good guy stopped the killing and are lying about the legal status of his carry. Here is the article. I couldn't help myself and had to comment the following:

These people truly want more bloodshed to support their narrative. So a good guy who was legally carrying under Indiana's constitutional carry law, stops an active shooter and saves lives and they are pissed off. Liberalism really is a mental illness.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/gun-cont...t-indiana-mall-shooter-labeled-good-samaritan

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Who says he was untrained, just because he was a civilian? Cops don't get much firearms training unless they're swat, and we trust them. Plenty of videos of them firing dozens or hundreds of rounds without killing the intended target.
    I think the point BBL was probably hoping to make is that the citizen (untrained in the eyes of the MSM) may have a better hit ratio than LE... It would be nice to know...

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    With all of the talk in the media about the legal status of the good guys carry I did a quick search and found this:

The state of Indiana does not have any specific law restricting guns on private property. However, its trespassing law gives owners the right to prohibit anyone from entering or remaining on their property without the owner’s consent.

I am not an attorney but it looks like you would only be trespassing if you were asked to leave and did not. Maybe an attorney could chime in and clarify. The media's desire to turn this guy who stopped a crime into a criminal is mind boggling but not surprising.

Top Bottom