• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajuntec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    San Antonio TX
    This weekend, I took a Firearms Safety Course (3rd time in 40 years of living). Great course - taught by some fine folks on Camp Bullis Army Base. They had a practical woods course, as well as a familiarization course of fire - mainly for newbies to shooting, but we all shot, regardless of skill level.

The little .22 we shot was a bolt action. After closing the bolt, you grabbed a ring in the rear of the bolt and pulled it back in order to cock it.

Like every other little no-frills .22 I've ever fired, this one was a shooter. I don't know why, but the plain-jane, non-fancy rifles always seem to shoot much better for me. My 5 rounds all touched. Not a major accomplishment for many, but I'm not the best shot - just average I guess - but this firearm helped a bunch.

I own several .22's. Sometimes, I get good results, sometimes mediocre. Nothing bad... but not "sharpshooter" quality or anything.

I wish I owned the little single shot I was shooting this weekend, or could get my hands on one like it. But I didn't even get the name - just shot it and moved on with the course. It reminded me of the ones I used to shoot in Boy Scouts over 25 years ago. Good memories.

All the best,
    Glenn
    Texas SOT

bvillars

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    savage model 15

these type .22 rifles are pretty plentiful. I just bougt one on the gunboard forum for $ 60.00 plus shipping. I plan on giving it to my 6 year old grandson to use at the farm to learn to shoot. like you said no frills but durable

Top Bottom