Good news from Academy!

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
Dec 28, 2012
Cedar Park
So I was up at the cedar park academy today to pick up some 223 for the multigun match this weekend and ended up talking to the manager. Asked him if they were every going to get small rifle primers in (they have all the others cept magnums). He informed me of some VERY good news. Not only will they probably be getting small rifle primers in but they will also start carrying powder and maybe even dies, brass and bullets. Something tells me they are at least going to be comparable if not better than Cabelas in price and will hopefully have a decent selection. Just figured I would pass along the word that Academy is bout to get ALOT friendlier to us reloaders :banana:

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
Jun 24, 2012
Kyle
Thats great news. Wonder if the other locations will be carrying reloading supplies as well. Ive just abour given up on Cabelas. Theyve never got what I'm looking for it seems like and only carry bottom of the line greenbox rcbs dies.

TXDARKHORSE361

May 15, 2012
The Academy in Corpus has a whole aisle of reloading components now. That includes presses, powder, etc. iirc.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Apr 15, 2013
Abilene Academy has had primers for months now but thats the only components I've seen

Grog

Dec 10, 2008
Texas
I hope this is a corporate move and all stores begin to stock primers and powder. That would make things very convenient.

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
Very good news indeed.

Top Bottom