Good Pocket Knife

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
I don't want something that is Navy SEAL approved for hand to hand slaughterfiesta or is the latest and greatest internet mall ninja "tacticool" blade that can cut through UN buildings.

I'm looking for something with a very good serrated edge, polymer frame, with about a 3.5" blade or so on it. Something you could cut through a seat belt, cut a rope, etc. with. One of those handy tools to have around kinda knifes.

Any suggestions?

Madhouse

Mar 17, 2008
Houston, TX
I've got a Benchmade Switchback that I think would work real well for what you're wanting. It was named Knife of the Year a while back in American Handgunner magazine.

Besides the main blade, there's a small blade on the back that I use for general pupose (cutting open boxes, etc.) so I don't dull my "social" blade.

Here it is, at Impact Guns' website.

BT1911

Mar 9, 2008
USA
My daily carry is the CRKT M16-13. It's light, cheap, and holds a great edge. I'm not a big fan of serrated knives but this one is offered in both plain and serrated. Some bash them because they're from Taiwan but they are as good or better than a lot of domestics for the price. I picked up mine for around 25 bucks.

http://www.crkt.com/m16alumn.html

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
My daily carry is the CRKT M16-13. It's light, cheap, and holds a great edge. I'm not a big fan of serrated knives but this one is offered in both plain and serrated. Some bash them because they're from Taiwan but they are as good or better than a lot of domestics for the price. I picked up mine for around 25 bucks.

http://www.crkt.com/m16alumn.html
I like that one. They have a full hilted version that I found on EBay for about $45.

zembonez

TGT Addict
Feb 22, 2008
Republic of Texas
There are LOTS of mentions of Benchmade in here. I've casually looked at them but what makes them worth the money?

I don't mind forking over good money for quality... I just don't know much about them. Input is appreciated.

Top Bottom