ARJ Defense ad

good riddance to aggie cheer leader......failed gov.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Don’t be obtuse( try, I have seen you do it before) my point in that post was RP never publicly discussed enacting gun control. Greg Abbott has.

Then you go defending him like a battered spouse defends their abuser by making excuses for him.

Last edited:

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Don’t be obtuse( try, I have seen you do it before) my point in that post was RP never publicly discussed enacting gun control. Greg Abbott has.

Then you go defending him like a battered spouse defends their abuser by making excuses for him.
    Is this drama queen routine really necessary?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    And my point is that he has progressed gun rights in Texas far more than Perry ever did!

Abbott has done little to advance gun rights, if anything he has embolden antis with his support of RFLs. He has signed a few effectively meaningless pro-gun laws (admittedly TSRA fault for not working to get more meaningfull bills to his desk). But he has a long way to go to match Perry's pro-gun record.

Of course with 14+ years in office, Perry has had a lot more opportunity than Abbott.

If Abbott is serious about advancing gun rights, he needs to come out AGAINST Bonnen.

Last edited:

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Wow, if you don't think Abbot and Perry were good for 2A, who would you like?

Both are good, one has a 14 year record of passing EVERY Single pro-gun law without entertaining a single anti-gun bill.

The other has 4 year record, has passed all pro-gun laws, but has entertained anti-gun initiatives and signed anti-gun EOs.

Perry will never be surpassed as the most pro-gun Governor of all time in Texas.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I hope those coming out against Bonnen now will not forget by the time the speaker election rolls around. Even better would be if he loses in the primary.

The worst of politicians.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!

Nice backpedaling, and your lack of facts and a false analogy show you really don't have anything to back up your claims.

I provided links showing the pro-gun laws Abbott has signed since being in office, more than Perry ever did.

Again, actions above words.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    N
    I provided links showing the pro-gun laws Abbott has signed since being in office, more than Perry ever did.

Perry signed over 50 Pro-Gun Bills in his 14 year tenure, Abbott has a long way to go to catch him.

Of course, what a Governor signs is heavily dependent on what the legislature sends him, so it is not a good way to measure anything.

Abbott is slowed down by Straus and now Bonnen, otherwise he would have a whole lot more.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Perry signed over 50 Pro-Gun Bills in his 14 year tenure, Abbott has a long way to go to catch him.

Of course, what a Governor signs is heavily dependent on what the legislature sends him, so it is not a good way to measure anything.

Abbott is slowed down by Straus and now Bonnen, otherwise he would have a whole lot more.
    And then there is https://www.apnews.com/f0c1ce26cf104ba897ac205c9d5b91a1

RP might have had meetings like this but not in the public eye.

No matter how much good legislation one enacts entertaining the idea of RFLs or UBCs undermines all of it if any part of those become law.

When you give the “common sense gun control “ crowd a platform, it is like throwing meat in a pool full of piranhas.

Their side is sadly more motivated than ours.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    My biggest problem with Perry was how he was totally oblivious to the southern border unless it was election time. He once ran a bunch of internet cameras at hot spots for illegal entry, then got reelected. Then he announced the camera experiment was over and turned them all off.
    Fluffy Abbott can count and he signs what he has to for reelection. Other than that he is silent and of no help. He is not pro 2A, he is pro Fluffy. He can be turned. Like with Constitutional Carry, Silence tells the story.

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Interesting. Price of gas is well below Osamas time in office. US is a net exporter of oil. You never hear of the DOE reaching into our pockets yet he is a loser. TX economy pretty much grew under his tenure, lots of pro gun legislation passed and signed into law. No discussions of Red Flag poop. Yet people jump up and down about how stupid he is. Don’t get be wrong, he did try done stupid stuff, but if you’re going to say stuff like good riddence you might consider giving factual reasons for your dislike. I don’t care if it’s as simple as he’s a freaking Aggie cheerleader or something more concrete like his policy of XYZ at DOE has hurt US interests so he’s an idiot...

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    My biggest problem with Perry was how he was totally oblivious to the southern border unless it was election time. He once ran a bunch of internet cameras at hot spots for illegal entry, then got reelected. Then he announced the camera experiment was over and turned them all off.
    Fluffy Abbott can count and he signs what he has to for reelection. Other than that he is silent and of no help. He is not pro 2A, he is pro Fluffy. He can be turned. Like with Constitutional Carry, Silence tells the story.
    Psssttttt.

Ain't none of them politicians gonna do every single thing just like you want it done.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I don't understand the hate on here for Perry or Abbott. Both have been strong 2A supporters and helped hold the line against the RINOs and Commiecrats of Washington. Both encouraged business to locate here and keep our economy strong. Neither is perfect but - as others pointed out - we've had much, much worse.

Seeing that Texas Monthly cover with Ann Richards is enough to make me throw up.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom