• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Wow, totally the opposite. Nestle couldn't be any nastier and the other two are my preference. Interesting.

Drinking Aquafina and Dasani literally, and I mean LITERALLY, makes me feel like puking after I finish the last drop of them. Nestle (and sometimes ozarka) are the only water that don't taste like Jenkem to me.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Drinking Aquafina and Dasani literally, and I mean LITERALLY, makes me feel like puking after I finish the last drop of them. Nestle (and sometimes ozarka) are the only water that don't taste like Jenkem to me.

Never tried Jenkem myself......

DaRedneck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    jenkem_war_images.jpg

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    So..... is it better to store water in a cool dark place? Away from sunlight? Is the experation date of any use? I would like to know because I would like to begin storing a water supply for emergencies. What is the best way to do this?

If you are trying to inhibit bacteria then you want to avoid sunlight and moisture.

The reason why you can't guarantee a shelf life for water is that you can't guarantee that the water itself is bacteria free as well as the container. Medical grade saline supplies are irradiated to sterilize them, you could use a similar process if you had the machinery, but even then you'd just be buying time.

I will say this ... stockpiling a few weeks worth of water and rotating it is not a bad idea at all. Small emergencies like dry wells, tornadoes, flooding, etc. can happen and it'll come in handy.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    NOTHING beats boiling water, and it requires no chlorine, iodine or any other disinfectant.

Some truths are immutable.

Collect all the water you can store, and have the means to boil it for about twenty minutes before use.

Last I checked, no pathogen yet known can survive 212 degrees for twenty minutes.

If any one knows better, please advise.

Be well.
    Boiling may be best but in a situation where you were using emergency water, means to boil may not always be available.

Steve M

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Central Texas
    Not to get off the brewing angle, but something that really works in a pinch for water is a driven well. Basically you pound in your own well in your back yard. No, this probably won't have the pressure to run your dishwasher, in Central Texas probably no pressure and you will have to pump, but it does give access to the local surface water table. When you see old windmills these are usually the type of well underneath them. They used to be the standard for country houses, but now everyone expects 45psi/400gph so they get deep wells drilled. Be aware your local government may or may not have registration and other requirements in place, but it's a lost art worth knowing about.

Driving a Wellpoint

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    If you have a private well, keep that close-hold.

The authorities want to control every aspect of your life, especially a water well.

Be well.

Top Bottom