Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Electronics & Video Games' started by stockFD3S, Sep 3, 2008.

1. stockFD3S

stockFD3S Active Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Leon Valley, TX
    For those who aren't aware, google released their own browser.

Google Chrome - Download a new browser

Seems to run a bit more smooth compared to Firefox.

2. kfriddile

kfriddile Member

Aug 27, 2008
    I've been using it at work somewhat since it came out, and, overall, I like it. There are still some issues with certain pages (Facebook for example), but this is just an early beta release, so you can't expect it to be rock-solid yet. For the more technically inclined, here's a link where you can find the most recent builds of Chromium (the open-source name for Chrome basically). These builds incorporate the most recent bugfixes contributed by the OS community:

Index of /buildbot/snapshots/chromium-rel-xp

3. stockFD3S

stockFD3S Active Member

Apr 19, 2008
    Leon Valley, TX
    Thanks for the link, wasn't sure whether they had snapshots available or not.

4. friedk

friedk New Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Chrome for me lags when using shockwave and .pdf files. Other than that it's been smooth sailing.

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I use it for applications that do not run well in IE or Mozilla. By running well I am referring to the memory management and allocation for streaming applications.

6. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    You can bet that if Google created it, it might well be the leader one day. Those guys have their stuff together.

7. lonewolf23c

lonewolf23c Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Cool post, thanks for the info, I'm gonna try it. I already run firefox, so I'll try out the new Google Chrome and see how it compares.

8. FreedomJoyAdventure

FreedomJoyAdventure Member

Oct 13, 2008
    Austin
    I LIKE Chrome

It's fast, and usually works well for me, the one exception being Youtube - I get an error saying, "Sorry, this video is no longer vailable" when I use Chrome to view videos that still work in IE.

Like the speed, and the improved memory management, though.

9. lonewolf23c

lonewolf23c Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Chrome on my computer won't even load the Youtube site. Works just fine with Firefox and IE. Its a pretty new Browser so I'm sure Google will get the bugs worked out pretty soon and get a new release version.

10. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Actually, it's BETA also. I love the speed, but there's too many things that aren't ready for full time use.

I uninstalled it but would love to try it again, once it's more "street ready".