• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    So I bought one of these bad boys last weekend and have played around with it a bit but can't wait to come up with new ideas and uses for it. For those who don't know what it is, its essentially a tiny HD camcorder that comes with a waterproof housing and different mounting options for getting action footage or pictures. http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero2-outdoor-edition/

I've been using the head mount to shoot some POV handgun practice at home and just built myself a mount for my AR15 today. I'm hoping to try attaching it to my kayak and take that out soon and maybe go on a dive or two with it this summer if I have a chance. Does anyone else have one of these? What do you use it for? I've been trying to come up with more cool ideas for some interesting footage/angles.
    Guns International

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    I have been using GoPro for several years. You can not beat the picture quality. I am going to test out the toughness this weekend and put it next to some tannerite.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I have been using GoPro for several years. You can not beat the picture quality. I am going to test out the toughness this weekend and put it next to some tannerite.

Haha, I'm too chicken to purposely abuse mine, but they seem to be really tough. I've seen videos where they fell off of someone's car going down the highway or lost underwater and survived. Where are you shooting tannerite at? Really looking forward to that footage.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    I use mine to film matches on occasion. Here's a stage we shot down in a cave at Blue Ridge 3 Gun last year. They didn't tell you how many targets there were or where they are, just handed you a flashlight and told you which direction to go.

Here's another match from last year where I overlaid the 1st and 3rd person views.

Texas State 2-Gun 2011 - YouTube

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    Mine is the GoPro 960 I believe which is just a step below the Hero. Films at 960 instead of 1080, can only do 30fps and doesn't have extra output ports. It's actually the same camera as the Hero just software limited and no ports. When I bought it the regular Hero was over $100 more, didn't think the little bit of extra resolution and features were worth it for what I was going to use it for.

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    I use mine to film matches on occasion. Here's a stage we shot down in a cave at Blue Ridge 3 Gun last year. They didn't tell you how many targets there were or where they are, just handed you a flashlight and told you which direction to go.

Here's another match from last year where I overlaid the 1st and 3rd person views.

Texas State 2-Gun 2011 - YouTube

That's awesome!!!

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    That cave stage looks like a blast...would love to try something like that. And Chunky, you smoked that other dude...

I think the main difference between the Hero and Hero 2 is full 1080 HD and HDMI port as well as extra "recording" blinking LED's on each side. The stills are 11MP up from 5MP but other than that they're pretty much the same. If I'd already had a Hero it probably wouldn't be worth upgrading, but since I was buying new I might as well. I'm planning to bring mine to the Houston meetup on the 30th for anyone that is gonna be there.

Rangel

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Crosby Tx
    Thanks. Guys I wanted a GoPro really bad about the time the Hero2 was coming out. But like everything I waited around and let the excitement wear off and didn't buy it. Now I WANT one again. Lol.

Top Bottom