• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I have a Contour HD with a rail mount, just started playing with it the other day. I will see if I can figure out how to post clips...

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Word of warning regarding using it underwater - if the waterproof housing has a curved lens cover then the quality won't be as good as HD recording above water. There are aftermarket housings, and lens replacement kits, that fix this problem by using a flat lens that replaces the curved one on the factory housing. I bought one for our last vacation and used the chest strap mount for snorkeling. The picture quality isn't terrible, but definitely not HD quality. Google it and you'll find lots of info on fixes and replacement parts. I also found it a little annoying that all the controls and status indicators are on the front instead of the back. It's a great camera for the price though, and the picture quality is excellent, other than the caveat about using it underwater.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    I wonder if the aftermarket LCD screen displays the options? I've only seen a few videos that had excellent water scenes...lout those were on the best days and waters.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Took some video of a little kayaking trip through the marsh down in Matagorda tonight that I may upload tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Tapatalk 2.

Top Bottom