Got an email from the Ford Ranger forum I frequent...

Discussion in 'Automotive / Motorcycle Chat' started by hoytinak, Dec 9, 2008.

1. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Even if you don't visit the Ford Ranger forum please help out cause if this works out for Ford then what's next, the National Parks Rangers or the Texas Rangers....who knows?

2. idleprocess

idleprocess Active Member

Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    There's nothing like a phone call - or better yet a physical letter sent via the US Postal Service - to get the notice of another entity, be it government or corporate.

3. tussery

tussery Active Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    They got to get the money for those Union contracts somewhere if the bailout falls through.;)

4. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    This isn't anything new and the Manufactures have won in most cases.

It's a strong arm from the attorney's to get their attention. He needs to call and talk to them. He may want to ask for time to get a new domain registered and even time to redirect members.

If you use a trade name, expect and be prepared to have to stop, not matter how long it's been. The way he worded it, it makes sense. I can't see how he thinks the Texas Ranger or Park Rangers has anything to do with using the name "Ranger" in relation to a Ford Ranger site. A name Ford owns.

Also, he needs to make sure it's Ford Motor Co. and not the guy that's buying up all the enthusiasts sites using creating wording. I doubt it, but you never know.

If it is FoMoCo, they have a reason to want to stop the name from being used. It's theirs so they have that right.

5. Code3GT

Code3GT Active Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Its the same thing they did to the Black Mustang Club when they tried to sell calendars. But its made it over to corral.net too, so the stang folks are with ya too :)

6. Bily Lovec

Bily Lovec Member

Nov 19, 2008
    from elsewhere on the web:

7. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Well now, we usually know there's more to the story....

Sounds like Ford is also being very easy to work with on the subject.

8. lonewolf23c

lonewolf23c Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    Oh, well, I no longer own Ford vehicles. Used to have a Ford Ranger, the local Ford Garage screwed up the engine rebuild so bad I had to get rid of it. Never ran right since the garage touched it. And they're supposed to be certified Ford Factory Mechanics. BS.

9. Saxet

Saxet Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Pasadena, TX
    now what?

now that we know they were selling basically STOLEN AKA COUNTERFEIT merchandise it kinda changes your persepctive.

:hammerhead:

10. hoytinak

hoytinak Active Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    Yeah it's always good to hear both sides to everything.