• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Have you rode it for a session? Kept it out a couple hours?

I would be.
    Woke up this morning and took it out on the county roads near me. Wish I could hurry along the break in period but for right now, I am having fun just cruising around. Here are some pictures from my ride:
    IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1310.jpg

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I rode Can Ams back when they only had two wheels! :clown:

Seriously, nice quad; and it's good to see the Canadian company is still around. I still have a Jimmy Ellis jersey from his time racing motocross with them.

mr147.jpg

He had quite the record with Can Am!

1974 125cc National MX #6
    1974 250cc National MX #3
    1975 250cc National MX #5
    1975 250cc National SX #1
    1976 250cc National MX #8
    1976 250cc National SX #3
    1977 250cc National MX #6
    1977 250cc National SX #4

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Seriously, nice quad; and it's good to see the Canadian company is still around. I still have a Jimmy Ellis jersey from his time racing motocross with them.

View attachment 142864

Love the old school bikes. My father in law actually races vintage dirt bikes.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

View attachment 142864

I have the same Bell helmet but in white with small red and blue lines alone the bottom of the helmet. They still sell them. 'Bell Custom 500'.

Bought a Biltwell bubble face shield in mirror. I wouldn't mind that helmet visor you had.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    My closest neighbor bought a 4 wheeler, but didn't have any place to really except up and down our street. He soon tired of that, so he started 4 wheeling on nearby farmers field roads.

Farmer caught him. Told him next time, if there was a next time, he wouldn't stop him.

Just have him arrested for trespassing and whatever else they could throw at him.

Moral of the story: Get permission to 4 wheel on other's property or don't do it...

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My closest neighbor bought a 4 wheeler, but didn't have any place to really except up and down our street. He soon tired of that, so he started 4 wheeling on nearby farmers field roads.

Farmer caught him. Told him next time, if there was a next time, he wouldn't stop him.

Just have him arrested for trespassing and whatever else they could throw at him.

Moral of the story: Get permission to 4 wheel on other's property or don't do it...
    Sounds like he bought the wrong toy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

There's a yahoo down the street who's parents have two four wheelers. Ones a bigger ATV. Maybe 250 or something. The other is a childs 50cc.

When they do take them out. It's up and down the road. Or out in the 7/11 parking lot. I personally don't care. It's kinda entertaining to see this kid going full throttle on a itty bitty 4 wheeler. He's not a bright soul so any wrecks should be worth watching.

On the other end of the spectrum. Southeastern parts of North Carolina. They treat them like cars. The soybean farmers don't care if they cut through a field. As long as they don't damage anything. There's also no fences. It wasn't nothing to see somebody walk across your yard. It seemed everybody walked straight lines as the crow flys.

Back to Texas. Somebody will call the cops if they see you riding in a ditch.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    There's a yahoo down the street who's parents have two four wheelers. Ones a bigger ATV. Maybe 250 or something. The other is a childs 50cc.

When they do take them out. It's up and down the road. Or out in the 7/11 parking lot. I personally don't care. It's kinda entertaining to see this kid going full throttle on a itty bitty 4 wheeler. He's not a bright soul so any wrecks should be worth watching.

On the other end of the spectrum. Southeastern parts of North Carolina. They treat them like cars. The soybean farmers don't care if they cut through a field. As long as they don't damage anything. There's also no fences. It wasn't nothing to see somebody walk across your yard. It seemed everybody walked straight lines as the crow flys.

Back to Texas. Somebody will call the cops if they see you riding in a ditch.

My son and his buddies used to ride not far from our house at a big open field with a creek through it. I think every kid in a mile radius rode there. They found a way to get there that didn't draw much attention. Down a couple allies, then under a bridge, then through a park to the ride site.

He was good about washing them off when they were done, and it kept him out of trouble, so I let him do it.

Kid was a natural born Evil Knievel.

outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    There was a teen in our old residental neighborhood that drove his four wheeler up and down the street like an idiot. One day he crashed it into the mail box in front of his house and had to be life flighted out. He survived, but I never saw him on a four wheeler again.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    There was a teen in our old residental neighborhood that drove his four wheeler up and down the street like an idiot. One day he crashed it into the mail box in front of his house and had to be life flighted out. He survived, but I never saw him on a four wheeler again.

Yea thats why I live out in the country. I probably see another person on the road once a week if I am lucky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK

I've seen a kid avoid a dog and take a hard right turn directly in a barbwire fence. This was in the early 90's. There was a couple of 4 wheelers run down the street. This was out in the county. Houses on the left side of the street. About 600 acres of cotton field on the other side.

The fence acted like a cheese grater. The kid was probably 10-12yo. No helmet. T-shirt and shorts. Went straight through the fence. It sliced his legs open. A couple of gashes about 5" long down to the fat. It was the neighbors dogs he tried to avoid.

I would've knocked the dog out the way. There 5 people who came out the house or drove up. This kid was seriously phucked up.

Last time I saw him ride anything.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I'm glad you do. I giggle like a 7th grader every time I see it.
    I dont play too many computer games but the one I do with my wife is called killing floor 2. On the loading screens other people can see your avatar and I usually get the same reaction

I've seen a kid avoid a dog and take a hard right turn directly in a barbwire fence. This was in the early 90's. There was a couple of 4 wheelers run down the street. This was out in the county. Houses on the left side of the street. About 600 acres of cotton field on the other side.

The fence acted like a cheese grater. The kid was probably 10-12yo. No helmet. T-shirt and shorts. Went straight through the fence. It sliced his legs open. A couple of gashes about 5" long down to the fat. It was the neighbors dogs he tried to avoid.

I would've knocked the dog out the way. There 5 people who came out the house or drove up. This kid was seriously phucked up.

Last time I saw him ride anything.

Damn that sucks. Most dogs I have seen avoid the quad like the plague. I wear steel toes in case I have to fight one off lol

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Not me.

I carry some very severe pepper spray.

Doesn't injure the dog, but temporarily hurts likes hell and demotivates his attack.

On a few occasions I've had a dog owner get upset I protected myself.

I was ready to spray them too as they acted like I should simple tolerate being bitten....

If I go down from your dog attacking me, chances are he won't survive.

I also carry a gun and a fixed blade knife.

Keep your dog under control from attacking innocent road travelers as I don't want to kill your dog, but if necessary I will.

Reactions: MTA
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Back in the day. When trucks had small round hubcaps. The older generation would take a burlap bag and stick it behind the hubcap. The hubcap kept it from coming off the wheel.

If your dog had a problem chasing cars. This older gentleman would drive down the road doing a slow cruise. When the dog nipped at the tire. It'd get a hold of the burlap bag and it'd snap the dogs neck.

Different time but very effective and inventive.

Top Bottom